Amazon music cast in Poland

kevinek

Major Contributor
Hi!
Does "amazon music cast" option means it will be possible to stream directly from amazin muic app like to Chromecast? If yes will it be hi-res?

It’s not a WiiM issue, it’s an Amazon regional issue - I’d expect you’d face the same issue trying to cast from the amazon music app to an amazon echo device due to where Alexa and amazon music are hosted for Polish users.

As I suggested, talk to @onlyoneme , I’m sure they’d be able to give you advice based on their relevant personal experience.
I wrote to amazon support. They are selling echos in Poland and they should solve issues. If not I will just transfer to spotify platinum when it's available. Thanks for Your help anyway.

Everybody says it is not their issue. I remember the case with downgrade tidal in yamaha musiccast. I was reporting it to tidal and yamaha for a year and now it's fixed.

I wrote to amazon support. They are selling echos in Poland and they should solve issues. If not I will just transfer to spotify platinum when it's available. Thanks for Your help anyway.
As a long term Amazon/Alexa user, I’m very aware that not all features are available in all regions - it appears that AlexaCast isn’t a feature that’s available in Poland for whatever commercial, technical or political reasons.

Here in the U.K., we lack a lot of features that USA Alexa users enjoy, and despite many people complaining to Amazon over the years, threatening change.org petitions or whatever, nothing has or indeed will change. Unfortunately, it is what it is as they say, and we do need to resort to workarounds where available.

I think you do have a solution to your regional issue with AlexaCast as I’ve indicated which has helped @onlyoneme and others in the same situation. Ultimately it’s your decision as to whether you are happy with that workaround. Best wishes…

@michal.wiatr
Casting from Amazon Music app to WiiM will not work if you have Polish Music Unlimited subscription and the same time your Amazon Kindle Store is set to amazon.com (which is the default location for Poland). The only way I know to get it working is to move Kindle Store to amazon.co.uk. Unfortunately you have to provide any UK address to be able to do that. I've asked Amazon support if it can be a "fake" address and they didn't care at all about it.

1667747979772.png

Confirming same issue in Australia - can't use the Amazon Music app to cast directly.

Edit: It works in Australia. My issue was my Kindle store was set to USA. I changed it to Australia, so it matches my Amazon music account, logged out of Alexa on my phone and logged back in. Confirmed working now.

The bigger issue is that the Amazon Music app doesn't have a "Add to Queue" button... :(

Last edited:
Back