Because toslink is not good enough...

Is it a photo of my precious WiiM?

• Sure!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way...

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FYI, for people shopping for an affordable coaxial cable, the Blue Jeans Cable coaxial (Belden 1694A RCA/RCA) does fit, just barely. But it fits.

Agree that this is a poor hardware design to recess the coaxial plug.
I know, I got this one for myself.

Last edited:
You can go with BNC...
I know are two more contacts point but it fits and looks far more pro so, Dunning, Kruger and many cognitive bias will be satified...
Some people just don't want to accept the most obvious solution which is toslink usually.

So, i have the Mini connected via a 50 cm Optical Cable. Not the one that come with the device.
The Pro is connected via a 50 cm 75 Ohm Coax Cable
With both connexions i have 24/192 and honestly, sonically speaking, i hear no difference at all

I found this. It should fit, since has BNC adapter and bare RCA ground contact.
Street price 14000€...

Attachments

• 1677604096368.jpg
    1677604096368.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 9
I found this. It should fit, since has BNC adapter and bare RCA ground contact.
Street price 14000€...
Nordost one. Exceptional audio quality for sure. Worth every penny I guess. And looks like it should fit WiiMs socket perfectly indeed.

Some people just don't want to accept the most obvious solution which is toslink usually.

I wonder if some people may want to use Coax as there were a number of reports of the door for the optical port on the mini breaking and think the Pro may suffer the same weakness.

Certainly if I were to be moving mine a lot I think I'd rather try the Coax.

I wonder if some people may want to use Coax as there were a number of reports of the door for the optical port on the mini breaking and think the Pro may suffer the same weakness.

Certainly if I were to be moving mine a lot I think I'd rather try the Coax.
Sure, I would prefer coax when possible if constant moving cables is required.

I have had a first batch Mini with defective flap covering optical output.Broken at first insertion.
I wrote to Linkplay just to tell them that the flap was not of good quality.
A few minutes after they replied to me telling that in 2nd batch the flap had been corrected.
They regretted what had happened and would have replaced my Mini,
and so it was, they sent me a new Mini. Never seen a greater seriousness.
Now the revised flap and the optical connection are sturdy and the cable remain firmly in its place.
We all can move the Mini at will and it it will not lose the connection

Now the revised flap and the optical connection are sturdy and the cable remain firmly in its place.
We all can move the Mini at will and it it will not lose the connection
I hope it's true as my Mini's socket is dying and doesn't allow me to get a stable 192 kHz any longer.

Don’t worry,the revised connection is a rock. You hear a strong “click” when you insert the cable.

FWIW, I bought and received my Mini two weeks ago, and when I tried to use a (slightly) higher quality TOSLINK cable, it would not "click" in and stay seated. Had to revert to the included cable, which clicks in and seats perfectly. The errant cable, BTW, connects perfectly to my Vizio TV and my Onkyo receiver.

I haven't felt the need to return the unit, as it otherwise works perfectly, but there you go.

Can't tell if you're being facetious with an 8 euro cable listing...:D
tbh, no idea what toslink I had lying around that I used in my mini, but once it clicked it does seem to be in quite firmly.

Back