Casting Turntable

I have a whole-house system that runs through an HDMI hub and has a custom remote via iPad or Iphones. I have a dozen zones, nine with both audio and video. Four TiVos, two DVDs a turntable and two Apple TV's as sources. It allows having multiple zones going with same source or different content in each zone. So sounds like with the WiiM Pro I could play an LP and have it go to many zones simultaneously. Thanks so much everyone, I'll be ordering my WiiM Pro!

I have a whole-house system that runs through an HDMI hub and has a custom remote via iPad or Iphones. I have a dozen zones, nine with both audio and video. Four TiVos, two DVDs a turntable and two Apple TV's as sources. It allows having multiple zones going with same source or different content in each zone. So sounds like with the WiiM Pro I could play an LP and have it go to many zones simultaneously. Thanks so much everyone, I'll be ordering my WiiM Pro!
Note that you might need a phono pre-amp to boost the signal and apply RIAA EQ

Hey guys, got my WiiM Pro yesterday and hooked it up. love the app, everything connected and performed perfectly! Thanks everyone!

And I did order a phono amp as the gain is on the light side as suspected...

I have a turntable that is completely standalone that I’ve been using an old iPhone to AirPlay to an Apple TV via the AirChord app.
What's your turntable?

If it has no built-in phono pre-amp, then connecting it to the WiiM Pro line input directly will not only suffer from too little gain. Highs will be exaggerated and bass will be lacking. In this case, a phono pre-amp would be the solution, indeed.

If it does have a built-in phono pre-amp, then connecting it to another phono pre-amp and from that to the WiiM Pro line input will probably overdrive the WiiM and result in exaggerated bass and no highs. In this case you might be bests of disabling the built-in phono pre and hoping that the external phono pre-amp has higher gain than the built-in one.

How about getting rid of the Sonos products and replace them with WiiM and Audio Pro Products? Since both brands use Linkplay Technology you can use either the WiiM or Audio Pro App to control every device.

I replaced my Sonos Moves and Connect with Audio Pro’s A15 and the WiiM Mini and I stream my LPs via a WiiM Pro, in CD quality, to all devices. No crappy Bluetooth or no lossy Airplay 2.

Back