Chrome browser does not see the amplifier via chromecast

Spivdan

As I wrote in the title, chrome does not see the amplifier, although in theory it should do so on Windows 11. Has anyone ever tried to transfer music to an amplifier this way?

Did you happen to open the Google Home app in the meantime?

Not sure if this is still the case, but at least in former times Googlecast enabled devices had to be present in Google Home before you could use them.

I think it’s been noted previously that sometimes the WiiM devices take a little time to show up in the Google Home app, for goodness knows what reason. I guess that’s what happened here.

It's not clear if @Spivdan has been using the Google Home app at all, so far. That's why I'm asking.

But I can confirm that casting from Google Chrome on Windows to the WiiM App does work for me as well. :)

It's not clear if @Spivdan has been using the Google Home app at all, so far. That's why I'm asking.

But I can confirm that casting from Google Chrome on Windows to the WiiM App does work for me as well. :)
I registered WiiM in Google Home immediately when I first set it up. and listened every day from my phone via chromecast. But the browser on the laptop has never seen the amplifier. Today I searched all over Google in search of a solution, turned on the laptop and to my joy Chrome saw WiiM

Back