EQ, audiophiles look away now!

Are you using the wiim app with tidal? I found if I use the wiim app first I don’t get higher bitrate than 16 bit 44.1 KHz. If I open tidal connect and start song and then open the WiiM app I get the higher 24 bit 88 or 96 KHz.
No biggie since normally start listen to the daily discovery in Tidal. Tend to use the WiiM app just to setup the WiiM.
I already tried both WiiM app and Tofal Connect, same problem.

Do you use an external DAC? If using an external DAC the problem goes away (sort of) just like you described if we stick with Tidal app only.

Either way, these bugs need to be fixed @WiiM Support

Yes using a Denafrips Ares 2 DAC I haven’t tried bypassing it to go directly into amp.

Yes using a Denafrips Ares 2 DAC I haven’t tried bypassing it to go directly into amp.
Nice DAC! I was planning on getting it until Gustard A26 was released recently. Wait.. I thought Ares2 doesn’t do MQA? I guess that’s why WiiM Pro is useful in this case.

Nice DAC! I was planning on getting it until Gustard A26 was released recently. Wait.. I thought Ares2 doesn’t do MQA? I guess that’s why WiiM Pro is useful in this case.
Yep no MQA with the Ares 2 so max is get 24bit 96 KHz on tidal with it.

You might be be pleasantly surprised I was, I could live with it.
I have a Geshelli J2 fed by my WiiM Pro on my main system, but a WiiM mini plays directly on the small system we have in our living room. It sounds really good.

Are you using the wiim app with tidal? .
I tried both WiiM app and Tidal Direct, both stuck at 44. But after I disconnected all other cables, ie Toslink and Coaxial, and reboot. Finally I get the correct Core Unfold on Line out. 👍

I tried both WiiM app and Tidal Direct, both stuck at 44. But after I disconnected all other cables, ie Toslink and Coaxial, and reboot. Finally I get the correct Core Unfold on Line out. 👍
Hi WiimFan,

The MQA is currently only supported for TIDAL Connect. The TIDAL in the WiiM Home App hasn't supported the MQA yet. We'll enable this support in WHA shortly. Hope it clarifies. Thank you!

Back