Ethernet WiiM Pro

Like YOU say, it is not worth the discussion so BUTT-OUT
We occasionally have robust discussions like this in the forum and everyone is entitled to state their opinion. Ad hominem attacks aren’t welcome. Let’s keep the discussion civil. Thanks

This is quite interesting . I assume its all about isolation of any em picked up during the journey over the house network. I run a few powerline adapters to get the signal around different switches and APs around the house and have always wondered about any potential issues. (Before anyone asks, it's a victoriana house literally built into the side of a hill, the oposite of being wifi friendly and the power is not the best). I use usb isolation and optical at the moment where I can but as I said an interesting idea if there is any issues in the network. Assume you try and have as clean power as you can on the media converters
Yeh....I was inspired by this thread:
TAS forum
Clean LPS supplies on the media converters and Martin recommends separate supplies so as not to contaminate the grounds.

Last edited:
We occasionally have robust discussions like this in the forum and everyone is entitled to state their opinion. Ad hominem attacks aren’t welcome. Let’s keep the discussion civil. Thanks
Real sorry, but these ASR guys really get my goat up....

Real sorry, but these ASR guys really get my goat up....
Do not give them the relevance they do not earn! And in fact they do not have. No one in hifi industry listen to. The Guru's Spearhead and the lower ranges get more than enough respect here.
@Brantome Hope that is not too ad hominem 😉

Do not give them the relevance they do not earn! And in fact they do not have. No one in hifi industry listen to. The Guru's Spearhead and the lower ranges get more than enough respect here.
@Brantome Hope that is not too ad hominem 😉
You know what I mean, I’m sure :)

The fewer carnaptious (there’s a word I’m sure your mother would have used) comments and fewer broadbrush pejoratives, the better a discussion will be for all involved. And it makes life easier for me as moderator - and I’m all for an easy life :)

Caught me, for "carnaptious" I needed a dictionary 😉
My only issue is this "scientific", no contradiction allowing behavior of a few, ridiculing people and too often ignoring things which are proven for years. I bet most of them are so far away from being a scientist like I from being peaceful all over. The only proof which they without any doubt name valid is their own.
Even a simple question "why" from one of them has obviously a tendency. Leading a nose ringed bear through the arena.
So, should be once again enough. Beautiful weather and Germany brushed away the US boys in their own game yesterday. Reaching the final of the Basketball World Championship the very first time.

These discussions have a point only with the designers themselves and audio scientists who have both deep theoretical and technical background. Only then valid conclusions can be drawn . These guys are the only relevant to answering objections or dismissive statements .

These discussions have a point only with the designers themselves and audio scientists who have both deep theoretical and technical background. Only then valid conclusions can be drawn . These guys are the only relevant to answering objections or dismissive statements .
Now I am properly confused 🤔

You seem that be suggesting that all opinions of audio stuff you dont agree with are to be discounted. By implication your position is always right? Surely a forum is for debate and discussion of different aspects of a hobby. Some stuff 'works' for people for various reasons both technical and psychological. Does it matter in the end as long as they enjoy the music. It's a bit like those threads where someone challenges the 'group think' that all dacs sound the same past a certain sinad value. That's a bear pit of dogma....

You seem that be suggesting that all opinions of audio stuff you dont agree with are to be discounted. By implication your position is always right? Surely a forum is for debate and discussion of different aspects of a hobby. Some stuff 'works' for people for various reasons both technical and psychological. Does it matter in the end as long as they enjoy the music. It's a bit like those threads where someone challenges the 'group think' that all dacs sound the same past a certain sinad value. That's a bear pit of dogma....
No I am not saying that at all. I am saying that if someone claims that a product is bogus or ineffective the correct person to get an answer is an expert , either the engineer or an audio scientist. I mean a professor or a real audio scientist.

No I am not saying that at all. I am saying that if someone claims that a product is bogus or ineffective the correct person to get an answer is an expert , either the engineer or an audio scientist. I mean a professor or a real audio scientist.
Ah, my bad, 😉 sorry took that completely the opposite way

Agree with both of you. My long time experience tells me that in listening to and reproducing of music often things are not to explain. It just happens. Like it or not.
The last line in @steadyshot 's post is exactly my point since I joined this place here. Personal impression was from the start: The (too) often mentioned Scientific forum with one Guru at the top of the disciples is even more omnipresent than me 😉 Are all of these guys also already retired to have so much time for this hobby?
Did anyone here asked or have seen an academic degree or biography, a published essay in a scientific magazine or anything like this? Even in Amir's biography I read essentially more about a business background than a somehow scientific one. There are so many hifi forums where the ASR guys are laughed about. So stay modest, decrease your degree of arrogance and avoid playing the big ones in a more or less "entry level" environment. As soon as many of the self declared "scientist" tried to play vs the big boys they failed. Tremendously failed! It is not enough to buy an RME, create some graphs, use some copy and paste and ask for thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I should be impressed with some statements above but unfortunately I'm not. Maybe next time, don't worry, guys.

I guess I should be impressed with some statements above but unfortunately I'm not. Maybe next time, don't worry, guys.
Quite sure you'll get some 👍 again. Applause is the payment for the artists. 😉

I concur. Direct ethernet connection has to be the most stable method. My system is hardwired with an A. Q. Cinnamon CAT cable. Mogami coax to an SMSL D0100 DAC. Amazon music is my source and connection to the Wiim Pro thru Amazon. The DAC is connected to my Yamaha vintage setup via CARDAS Iridium RCAs. Never any issues now. But when I started it was extremely frustrating until I dialed in the system.

If someone comment that we think it’s funny or even dumb, we just got to give respect. If we answer back with attitude that will only provoke them and answer back with an attitude. Forum is where we get our information from other users whether it’s funny or dumb. Respect is the key!

Back