Files and folders not syncing between PC and Wiim Pro

Hawkster

I use my Wiim Pro to stream music between my PC music library and my Marantz AV10, and it works quite well. Except for one frustration: if I change files or folders on the PC, the changes don't appear on the iPhone app that controls the Wiim, at least not right away. For instance, a week ago I moved a folder within Music on the PC to a different folder, but on the app it still shows as having not been moved. And, I carelessly deleted a playlist two days ago, but even after restoring it, it still isn't on the app. I'm thinking the data is being cached somewhere, but I don't have a clue. Any help folks?

Try another app like BubbleUPNP on android or mconnect on iOS and see if they experience the same issue.

Do you have another service under Home Music Share on the WiiM app you can temporarily shift to that might clear whatever cache it‘s using?

If you’re on Android can you clear the WiiM app cache, or if on iOS delete/re install to see if that clears the issue?

If the latter actions help, it may be an issue with the WiiM app’s cacheing that you should perhaps raise with WiiM thru the feedback section in the app.

Most apps will cache artwork but very few cache the index data and WiiM isn't one of them, so it's almost certainly your media server.
If you're using Windows Media Sharing then install MinimServer instead as it fixes many of the problems associated with the Windows server.
MinimServer does require that you manually trigger a rescan which can be initiated through the MinimServer web interface or through control points like BubbleUPnP.

Thanks, simbun! In addition to the Wiim, I determined that I was having the same problem with the Roku Media Player and my Oppo 205. MinimServer fixed the issue on all three. Not the most intuitive program, but it certainly got the job done.

Thanks, simbun! In addition to the Wiim, I determined that I was having the same problem with the Roku Media Player and my Oppo 205. MinimServer fixed the issue on all three. Not the most intuitive program, but it certainly got the job done.
The problem is that the licensed version is so configurable that it's almost impossible to develop a coherent GUI that can handle all the options.
If you ever have any problems just ask on the MinimServer forum, the support is excellent.

Back