Wiim pro unable to access my local Server audio files.

da_bsg

Hi, I have Wiim pro, it is great, I cast spotify.

For NAS play, I have Synology. I am able to play from Synology iphone App, DS Audio, then cast DLAN to Wiim pro to play, it sounds great!

But when I use Wiim Home iphone App, under My library -> Home Music Share. I can see my Synology NAS and other local network share folders. but when I click in, the folders inside are Empty, I am unable to access and Explorer the folders and files (FLAC, WAV) and play directly from Wiim Home App.

My 7-year-old OPPO UDP-203 can access Synology and other Network share folder audios and play them directly, but why Wiim home App cannot?

Are there any additional settings required? kindly advise me step by step, if you know how.

Thank you.

Attachments

• WIIM HOME.jpg
    WIIM HOME.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 7
WiiM doesn’t yet support simple SMB file sharing, you”ll need some server software like Synology’s own Media Server, or even better UPNP servers like Minimserver or AssetUPNP

There's a plugin available for LMS that is compatible too, FYI

The UPNP/Media Server plugin by Andy Grundman
Most people will know I’m a big advocate of LMS but I can’t recommend Andy Grundman’s plugin anymore. It has had no development for close to 10 years. It’s very basic.
Instead I can strongly recommend the UPnP/DLNA Bridge by Philippe. It works almost perfect in LMS terms. When the Squeezelite client gets integrated into the WiiM it will no longer be required though.

Squeezer is a great app for controling LMS in that setup
Tried it and it doesn’t seem to recognise that I have the last.fm app installed, and the other two scrobbler apps it recommends seem to be no longer available/supported which suggested to me that it itself hasn’t been updated in a while. It did pick up my LMS service no problem and looks not bad, but as my iPad is my main device, the material skin interface suffices.

Most people will know I’m a big advocate of LMS but I can’t recommend Andy Grundman’s plugin anymore. It has had no development for close to 10 years. It’s very basic.
Instead I can strongly recommend the UPnP/DLNA Bridge by Philippe. It works almost perfect in LMS terms. When the Squeezelite client gets integrated into the WiiM it will no longer be required though.
The bridge allows you to "see" the Wiim from LMS, but not the LMS from the Wiim
Which is what the original poster is requesting
Personally, I use the LMS dedicated (very old acer Easystore server) to feed various gadgets throughout my home but also some gadgets separately from the LMS server (which I don't run 24/7 typically)
And in this use case, the bridge is ok, but what I really want is squeezelite running on the Wiim so that I can remove that plugin completely and still use the gadgets separately, as I do today

I have tried all method I had, but it seems still unable to explorer my synology audio files from: Home Music Share

It is frustrating that is Wiim does not support server audio files explorer, why they still want to show a menu as: home music share?

Home wiim pro have future update to support DMA to let user explorer NAS files from Wiim home app.

Wiim company seems recently not so focus on their product, from audio switching to some sort of stupid wake up lights that showing on their website.

Why not focus on the audio product and make it better and better?

Haiz!

Attachments

• IMG_3951.jpeg
    IMG_3951.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
I have tried all method I had, but it seems still unable to explorer my synology audio files from: Home Music Share

It is frustrating that is Wiim does not support server audio files explorer, why they still want to show a menu as: home music share?

Home wiim pro have future update to support DMA to let user explorer NAS files from Wiim home app.

Wiim company seems recently not so focus on their product, from audio switching to some sort of stupid wake up lights that showing on their website.

Haiz!
Hi Da_bsg,

Thank you for reaching out to us. To assist you further with the issue related to Synology NAS, please send us a feedback ticket through the WiiM Home App. Synology NAS is indeed supported by WiiM and the WiiM Home App, so please ensure that you have enabled the DLNA media server correctly on your Synology server.

I'd like to clarify that we are committed to our audio products and continually update both device firmware and the App to enhance user experience.

Lastly, I kindly request that we maintain a respectful tone in our communication. Referring to products or features as "stupid" is not conducive to a constructive conversation. Thank you for your understanding!

Haiz!

If there is a company who tries to make things better and better it is WiiM! May be it is not the right product for your wishes. That happens.

Have you tried a group search for “Synology” to see how others got it working?

For example:
https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/...ology-ds-220-nas-to-my-wiim-pro.540/post-7579

https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/problem-with-dlna-ad-synology-nas-home-music-share.260/post-2890

https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/...logy-ds-220-nas-to-my-wiim-pro.540/post-10300

… and several others.

The key to resolve many issues was having the Synology Media Server configured so that it could be seen as a DLNA/UPNP server. It’s also assumed that you have previously set up music media indexing as per this link :

As suggested earlier, AssetUPNP and Minimserver are great alternative media server packages for a Synology NAS - did you try either of those?

Is your NAS on the same network and visible to other apps like BubbleUPNP on Android or mConnect on iOS (these apps both have free versions you can download and try)?

Also, as WiiM suggest above, have you raised a ticket to them via the feedback section in the WiiM Home app so they can inspect your device logs for clues?

Finally, here’s a screenshot of my WiiM Home phone app showing Synology’s Media Server, MinimServer and AssetUPNP all available on my DS213j, followed by the Synology Media Server screens I get on selecting it from the first screen.

In summary, the WiiM Home app is more than capable of accessing music files on a Synology NAS if you have set up the NAS to properly share them.

If you hit any problems, please describe in some detail what you actually have done and others should be able to help you resolve any issues you hit - just now, we’re in the dark as you what you have indeed tried.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230812-081834_Original.png
    Screenshot_20230812-081834_Original.png
    1 MB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20230812-081824_Original.png
    Screenshot_20230812-081824_Original.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20230812-082112_Original.png
    Screenshot_20230812-082112_Original.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Hi Guys, apologies for my frustrations shown in the chat, I do feel Wiim product is good, that is why I want to have full experience of it,

it sound great with my SMSL Su-10 DAC, the Wiim home app also very user friendly.

I will try out your suggestions again patiently😅

Hi Guys, apologies for my frustrations shown in the chat, I do feel Wiim product is good, that is why I want to have full experience of it,

it sound great with my SMSL Su-10 DAC, the Wiim home app also very user friendly.

I will try out your suggestions again patiently😅
No problem. The alternative client apps might be a good place to start - if they can browse the NAS contents, then there may be an issue with the WiiM app, whereas if they don’t, the issue may lie in how your NAS is presenting its content over DLNA/UPNP

Have you tried a group search for “Synology” to see how others got it working?

For example:
https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/...ology-ds-220-nas-to-my-wiim-pro.540/post-7579

https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/problem-with-dlna-ad-synology-nas-home-music-share.260/post-2890

https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/...logy-ds-220-nas-to-my-wiim-pro.540/post-10300

… and several others.

The key to resolve many issues was having the Synology Media Server configured so that it could be seen as a DLNA/UPNP server. It’s also assumed that you have previously set up music media indexing as per this link :

As suggested earlier, AssetUPNP and Minimserver are great alternative media server packages for a Synology NAS - did you try either of those?

Is your NAS on the same network and visible to other apps like BubbleUPNP on Android or mConnect on iOS (these apps both have free versions you can download and try)?

Also, as WiiM suggest above, have you raised a ticket to them via the feedback section in the WiiM Home app so they can inspect your device logs for clues?

Finally, here’s a screenshot of my WiiM Home phone app showing Synology’s Media Server, MinimServer and AssetUPNP all available on my DS213j, followed by the Synology Media Server screens I get on selecting it from the first screen.

In summary, the WiiM Home app is more than capable of accessing music files on a Synology NAS if you have set up the NAS to properly share them.

If you hit any problems, please describe in some detail what you actually have done and others should be able to help you resolve any issues you hit - just now, we’re in the dark as you what you have indeed tried.
Thanks for your help, I saw your print screen, you have the lists of folders but are you able to see your music files?

My problem is, I can play music via DLNA, from synology DS audio to Wiim pro, but from Wiim pro I cannot explorer the files from: home music share.

My PC have the folder list show in(home music share) same as you, but when I click the folder, inside is empty, no music files.

No problem. The alternative client apps might be a good place to start - if they can browse the NAS contents, then there may be an issue with the WiiM app, whereas if they don’t, the issue may lie in how your NAS is presenting its content over DLNA/UPNP
Thanks for your quick reply, I have no issue explorer my NAS music archive, I can use DS audio or Oppo UDP-203.

I also have no problem cast my music to play at Wiim Pro. It is great sounding, I like it.

I just curious if Wiim home app have the feature call: home music share.

Why I click inside, it is empty. Am I the only person face this issue or others having the same problem also.😄

If is tha app issue, hope wiim team could fix it in the future updates.

Thank you again 🙏🏼🙏🏼😊

Thanks for your help, I saw your print screen, you have the lists of folders but are you able to see your music files?

My problem is, I can play music via DLNA, from synology DS audio to Wiim pro, but from Wiim pro I cannot explorer the files from: home music share.

My PC have the folder list show in(home music share) same as you, but when I click the folder, inside is empty, no music files.
So your PC doesn’t show the files inside the folder?

I can see all my tracks etc when I navigate my Synology Music folders when I access it thru the Home Music Share option of the WiiM Home app on both my iPad and android phone. Are you trying to access it thru the Wiim Home app on an iOS or android device?

I have a video somewhere of me using the WiiM home app to do that, I’ll try and locate it.

I can even see (and play) the files in the Synology Music Share folders as per these screenshots

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-12 141646.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-12 141646.png
    42 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot 2023-08-12 141625.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-12 141625.png
    69.1 KB · Views: 12
Back