Media Server connection issue

Mensky

Hi,
I set up Music Server in my Synology NAS to play local file. Music Share was able to connect to it and play albums. However, subsequent access fails. Music Share just keep searching. I have the Server up and running and yet the search continues and wont stop.
Is there a solution to this? Tried searching the forum and couldn’t find a thread that has clear answer. Would appreciate any input. Thanks.

Hi,
I set up Music Server in my Synology NAS to play local file. Music Share was able to connect to it and play albums. However, subsequent access fails. Music Share just keep searching. I have the Server up and running and yet the search continues and wont stop.
Is there a solution to this? Tried searching the forum and couldn’t find a thread that has clear answer. Would appreciate any input. Thanks.
I'd try another app, such as bubbleupnp on android or mconnect on ios (and android I think) to see if they have the same issue.
i.e. is it the wiim, or the nas / server?

Hi,
Sorry, I meant the Media Server in my Synology NAS that Wiim Pro couldn’t find.

I'd try another app, such as bubbleupnp on android or mconnect on ios (and android I think) to see if they have the same issue.
i.e. is it the wiim, or the nas / server?
mconnect is paid app. Any suggestion for free app for iOS, just to test successful link?
btw, Media Server in Synology that Wiim Pro could not find. Thanks

I just tried the Lite version. It appears it can play albums I bought from Apple thru iTunes only (from My Music on my iPad). Can”t find a section that will set up connection to my NAS music file supposed to be streamed via Media server in Synology

Sorry, no help from my side possible. I know absolute nothing about this things, just remembered someone mentioning a lite version. My approach to my stored files is different. But quite sure it is only a matter of time you get information here.

Assuming the iOS version is just like the Android version, if you click on the Browser tab do you not see the Synology media server listed under Local Servers?

Have you installed the Media Server package?
I don't have a Synology but have seen lots of problems with it on this forum, so it might be better just to install the MinimServer package (which is excellent).

Sorry, no help from my side possible. I know absolute nothing about this things, just remembered someone mentioning a lite version. My approach to my stored files is different. But quite sure it is only a matter of time you get information here.
No problem. Thanks for the input.
I’m coming from a PC Win 10, Audirvana set up, and streaming set up for my NAS server is also quite different.

Assuming the iOS version is just like the Android version, if you click on the Browser tab do you not see the Synology media server listed under Local Servers?

Have you installed the Media Server package?
I don't have a Synology but have seen lots of problems with it on this forum, so it might be better just to install the MinimServer package (which is excellent).
No, I don’t see the Synology media server in the Browser tab. What it shows under Local Server is Local Storage : iPad.
Yes, I have installed Media Server package.
Is the MinimServer package to be installed in Synology, free or paid?

No, I don’t see the Synology media server in the Browser tab. What it shows under Local Server is Local Storage : iPad.
Yes, I have installed Media Server package.
Is the MinimServer package to be installed in Synology, free or paid?
There's both a free and paid version (same package), but the free version will likely be everything you need.

There's both a free and paid version (same package), but the free version will likely be everything you need.
I installed Minim Server. Still Wiim Pro could not locate my local files. With both Media Server and Minim installed, it continues its never ending search. The thing is it would even stop just to say the server can be found….I have to terminate after running for 5 minutes.
Am not sure if moving the Synology around will help.

I installed Minim Server. Still Wiim Pro could not locate my local files. With both Media Server and Minim installed, it continues its never ending search. The thing is it would even stop just to say the server can be found….I have to terminate after running for 5 minutes.
Am not sure if moving the Synology around will help.
Did Mconnect find MinimServer?

Are the Synology and your phone on the same subnet?

Did you install MinimWatch on your PC and could it connect to MinimServer?

Have a look at the MinimServer troubleshooting guide.

Last edited:
Eventually interesting for one or another. Yesterday in this thread was mentioned an Android version of Mconnect. Curious as I am I tried it. For those who like such players more than the WHA for any reasons. Different to iOS' full version it is free. Only check was with Qobuz. Tidal is cancelled for the rest of my life 😉 and stored files are handled otherwise.
It delivers gapless if one does not forget to activate in the settings. It finds the WiiM immediately and up to 192 is also ok.

Screenshot_20231029_095329_mconnect.jpeg

In my Google Play Store, it looks the same as iOS I.e. a paid full version or a free Lite version - which one did you choose?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231029-090846_Original.png
    Screenshot_20231029-090846_Original.png
    433.1 KB · Views: 1
Have you tried reducing the SSDP advertisement interval as mentioned in this thread down from its default of 920 to say half of that?
I don't think this has anything to do with discovery though which appears to be the problem, I think it's related to maintaining the connection.

For discovery the control point broadcasts an M-SEARCH query that UPnP devices are supposed to respond to, otherwise you'd be waiting around forever for the SSDP advertisement (I think the standard is 30 minutes, although noone uses that).

In my Google Play Store, it looks the same as iOS I.e. a paid full version or a free Lite version - which one did you choose?
The lite one has adverts (and nag screens) and you can't apply custom sorts, which is a shame as it's currently broken for multi disc albums.

If that question was mine it was the version without the lite. Nothing about cost is mentioned and I did not find any setting which asked for a "full version" yet. I'll keep an eye on it. Maybe they will blackmail me....😉
That how the app info looks, normally a place for "cancel adverts" or so on. But no ads seen since yesterday.

Screenshot_20231029_102209_mconnect.jpeg

Back