Media Server connection issue

Mensky

Hi,
I set up Music Server in my Synology NAS to play local file. Music Share was able to connect to it and play albums. However, subsequent access fails. Music Share just keep searching. I have the Server up and running and yet the search continues and wont stop.
Is there a solution to this? Tried searching the forum and couldn’t find a thread that has clear answer. Would appreciate any input. Thanks.

If that question was mine it was the version without the lite. Nothing about cost is mentioned and I did not find any setting which asked for a "full version" yet. I'll keep an eye on it. Maybe they will blackmail me....😉
That how the app info looks, normally a place for "cancel adverts" or so on. But no ads seen since yesterday.

View attachment 3068
Maybe it's different in your region, but the full version is £5.99 in the UK, with the Lite being the trial for the full.

Maybe it's different in your region, but the full version is £5.99 in the UK, with the Lite being the trial for the full.
As I've written no ads and no switch for "full version" needed up to now....it works for more than two hours without any issue. Strange..

Never ever in 72 years I purchased accidentally 😉
Sometimes I told my wife a different price...ok.
Thats my actual account at the Playstore. Please keep it secret 😂😂

Screenshot_20231029_110524_Google Play Store.jpeg

Still thinking...could at be that it is because I own the paid iOS version since years. But how could this effect the Google Play Store? My Apple Play Store account is totally different beside the payment options...I really cannot imagine the Google Play Store has this relation that moment I am looking for the app. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Still thinking...could at be that it is because I own the paid iOS version since years. But how could this effect the Google Play Store? My Apple Play Store account is totally different beside the payment options...I really cannot imagine the Google Play Store has this relation that moment I am looking for the app. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Have you added your apple account to the android phone/tablet (Settings > Passwords and accounts)?
I believe purchases are linked to the default (the first one added) account on the phone/tablet, but I'm not sure what happens if you have multiple accounts linked all with their own purchases.

Definitively not. The Apple account with its ID which I use only for my iPad and the Google Account with a totally different ID which I use only for my Samsung Phone are not linked in anyway. It could be interesting if another German reader here could check if it eventually is region related.

Thank you for the responses and many suggestions. After several hours of researching and testing spanning a couple days, here’s what i know so far:
- stopping & starting Media Server seem to work, but loses the link to my files again
- same as above, restarting the Synology server seem to work at times
- I had to restart Wiim each time I do the above
- when working, Wiim and can see my NAS, Media Server, my albums, and play tracks; when it loses the link, Wiim is unable to show the album tracks
- mConnect behaves the same way as Wiim above, but it shows Minim Server too; it can track both on my iPad and the Wiim Pro (it was a pleasant surprise but unfortunately the link also at times is cut off)
- also, I installedSynology DS Audio in my iPad and works perfectly playing tracks on my iPad; unfortunatelly unlike ,Connect it has no function to redirect the playback to Wiim Pro
- from these observations, it appears problem is with connectivity and the NAS, based on the behaviour of the Wiim and mConnects apps
- so my course of action is investigate further the network/NAS side, and in the meantime revert to my original PC/Audirvāna set up

again many thanks to all.

Strange. I haven’t used DS Audio on my iPad for a while, but when I opened it, I got this pop up screen with loads of players it can see - I’m bemused as to why you can’t even see the WiiM devices as airplay targets, never mind DLNA/UPNP. You should be able to bring up a similar list from the casting icon I’ve circled in red.

Edit: check you’re connecting to your NAS over your local network, not via the internet.

IMG_8257.jpeg

Thank you for the responses and many suggestions. After several hours of researching and testing spanning a couple days, here’s what i know so far:
- stopping & starting Media Server seem to work, but loses the link to my files again
- same as above, restarting the Synology server seem to work at times
- I had to restart Wiim each time I do the above
- when working, Wiim and can see my NAS, Media Server, my albums, and play tracks; when it loses the link, Wiim is unable to show the album tracks
- mConnect behaves the same way as Wiim above, but it shows Minim Server too; it can track both on my iPad and the Wiim Pro (it was a pleasant surprise but unfortunately the link also at times is cut off)
- also, I installedSynology DS Audio in my iPad and works perfectly playing tracks on my iPad; unfortunatelly unlike ,Connect it has no function to redirect the playback to Wiim Pro
- from these observations, it appears problem is with connectivity and the NAS, based on the behaviour of the Wiim and mConnects apps
- so my course of action is investigate further the network/NAS side, and in the meantime revert to my original PC/Audirvāna set up

again many thanks to all.
If you're getting intermittent problems like these you might want to check your router (and any switches) to see if you have an option called IGMP Snooping, and disable it, as that's be found to cause problems.

Good investigative work though.

Strange. I haven’t used DS Audio on my iPad for a while, but when I opened it, I got this pop up screen with loads of players it can see - I’m bemused as to why you can’t even see the WiiM devices as airplay targets, never mind DLNA/UPNP. You should be able to bring up a similar list from the casting icon I’ve circled in red.

Edit: check you’re connecting to your NAS over your local network, not via the internet.

View attachment 3077
My mistake. I tried the DS Audio and yes it showed options to play or cast the tracks - see screenshot below. While DS Audio sees the Wiim it won’t play at all, both DLNA and Wirplay. The only one that successfully cast is the Samsung TV.

I’ve spent too much time trying to figure this out, and needs a break to better think through what other actions to take. Meantime, my PC/Audirvana set up is playing well without a hitch. I thought I could forego with Audirvana subscription with a streaming device. It looks like it will take a while for this to happen, or maybe not at all.

Try installing MinimServer on your PC (or use Windows media sharing). If it works then it's a problem with your Synology configuration, otherwise it's a problem with your network.

Last edited:
Back