FW rollback

Me neither. A communication channel with Linkplay is not the best here actually...

they hardly participate anymore.

and honestly what has been put forward for a long time, namely training them to produce really useful updates etc, seems to me rather dried up for quite a while..
but hey, maybe just my impression
;-)

they hardly participate anymore.

and honestly what has been put forward for a long time, namely training them to produce really useful updates etc, seems to me rather dried up for quite a while..
but hey, maybe just my impression
;-)
I think what they’re currently doing, and it was in part at the behest of and with the support of users, is standing back a bit from the previous headlong rush of producing new features and instead trying to stabilise the firmware and resolve bugs.

Some more communication however would be welcome.

I understood it a bit like you...
but the subject was essentially not to promise anything and everything... or the famous... "it's coming in 15 days, stay connected" etc.

do not stop talking, get information, follow up on their efforts, etc.
;-)

debugging, slowly improving the ergonomics of wiim home, enriching it a little... really extracting the relevant metadata..
what to do even if not make the crowds dream.. or "promises ", a little coarse, "help to sell"..( roon or peq)

Last edited:
Me too have received FW 4.8.511631, but no notes about the upgrade content.
Someone could give to me a detailed note about what is new?
Thx
And i agree with @canard .
At Link Play they will be busy with the new product(s) they want to launch, but lately they leave a lot to be desired.
I miss the good old days.

Me too have received FW 4.8.511631, but no notes about the upgrade content.
Someone could give to me a detailed note about what is new?
Thx
And i agree with @canard .
At Link Play they will be busy with the new product(s) they want to launch, but lately they leave a lot to be desired.
I miss the good old days.
It's not new, it's a rollback to the previous version:

As well as their headline newsletter for the masses, it would be useful if they perhaps offered a slightly more in depth technical monthly post in this forum. In that, they could perhaps offer some more insight into where their development and support resources are focussed, what they achieved this month and what they have in mind for the coming month - but not falling into the old trap of over promising and over optimistic target dates.

It's not new, it's a rollback to the previous version:

Yes, you are right. I did some confusion because half an hour ago I received the announcement of an update. Do you want to download it now or later? I downloaded it, but couldn't make note of the version number.
When I went to "Device" to check the version number I saw the March 23rd version, which I also had before.
I do not understand anything anymore.
I sure know that the WiiM team is really making me tired.
They were an excellence, now everything is a mess.
Instead of thinking about new products, they would do well to support products already on the market as appropriate.
I had great esteem for them, an esteem I'm losing. Unfortunately.

I had great esteem for them, an esteem I'm losing. Unfortunately.
In what way are your devices and WiiM not meeting your expectations? For most of the time, mine play without issue - sure, there have been issues and still are in some areas, but by and large they do what I bought them for and how I listen to music. Of late I tend to use LMS and the Amazon Music app, so any shortcomings of the WiiM app go unnoticed by me. I’m not in any great rush for new features given what the products now deliver, but will nonetheless welcome them whenever they come. Plus things like Roon certification are largely out of their hands.

I think it’s inevitable in this type of forum with the type of user it attracts (perhaps the more discerning, more technical “audiophile”) that you’re bound to be overwhelmed at times by details of what is wrong with a product rather than what is right.

For me, if they allow me a day’s quality listening to music without a lot of hassle, then they’re delivering all I currently need.

I'm a bit like that too...
a bit of deezer if looking for one thing.. and simply an "internet tuner"..
(just annoying to have few metadata or less damaging because false information of formats etc. will not change)
so me too.. it works well enough for my very modest use.... ;-)
my words not self-centered
;-)

What is even more weird - there is an update for the Mini, 4.6.512532, which replaces 4.6.512430.

They used to answer almost everyday but now they don’t. I miss the good old days when they answer on what user experience about the issue they have.

thing too is being the weekend and not knowing really what their schedule is; doing this on a weekend and leaving us to guess at their intentions with this....not very customer facing/friendly.

My Pro just got a rollback - from 4.8.512355 to 4.8.511631.
Since WiiM pushes out firmware upgrades gradually, this is probably a sign that the most recent one contained a bug that was reported by some early recipients, so WiiM decided that a rollback was prudent to fix the issue before more users experienced it. It probably means they'll be rolling out the fixed update within the next few days.

Someone noted that Minis seem to be getting the update simultaneously, so perhaps the bug affected only Pro devices.

Back