FW rollback

I hope that Linkplay will add an option to let decide if automatic updates are allowed or not. It's unacceptable to have it done without any intervention and when any release notes are missing.

I’m wondering what happen they used to answer frequently either on wiim app or in forum. Could it be that they cut staff due to sales of pro was not met by expectations?

I’m wondering what happen they used to answer frequently either on wiim app or in forum. Could it be that they cut staff due to sales of pro was not met by expectations?
What gives you the idea that the Pro isn’t selling well? There seem to be quite a lot of people buying them going by various forums on Facebook and Reddit for instance.

What gives you the idea that the Pro isn’t selling well? There seem to be quite a lot of people buying them going by various forums on Facebook and Reddit for instance.
I’m not saying it wasn’t selling well but their expectation was higher than initially anticipated. Like expectations to sell billion unit but only sold several millions. There’s a new nad cs1 just came out and waiting for review.

I hope that Linkplay will add an option to let decide if automatic updates are allowed or not. It's unacceptable to have it done without any intervention and when any release notes are missing.
I AGREE !,,,

What happens? I can presume that a lot of us would know why they have changed so radically

I’m not saying it wasn’t selling well but their expectation was higher than initially anticipated. Like expectations to sell billion unit but only sold several millions. There’s a new nad cs1 just came out and waiting for review.
Also think that its not because of well selling. Actually I think it is the opposite...The more they sold, the more they have to cover support cases, etc. International product launch is also binding lots of ressources.

Is there any figure on headcount of that (edit:) Wiim product team? Even tough I dont know, my guess is, that there are not more then 8-10 people.

Yep, the CS 1 looks also great...All native support and no 3rd party app. But this forum is about Wiim, right? ;-)

Last edited:
CS 1looks highly interesting. We have to see if it will have BubbleUPnP and Amazon Unlimited integration.

Also think that its not because of well selling. Actually I think it is the opposite...The more they sold, the more they have to cover support cases, etc. International product launch is also binding lots of ressources.

Is there any figure on headcount of that (edit:) Wiim product team? Even tough I dont know, my guess is, that there are not more then 8-10 people.

Yep, the CS 1 looks also great...All native support and no 3rd party app. But this forum is about Wiim, right? ;-)
If the situation is as you tell, the more they sell….., and may be,
I shudder. Everything went well until they announced the next Pro to come. From there the problems.
And now it seems they are thinking of adding other products.
Brrrrrr!!😬

CS 1looks highly interesting. We have to see if it will have BubbleUPnP and Amazon Unlimited integration.
Don’t even see Amazon Music listed under its spec. Aren’t they part of the same group that do Bluesound? If so, I would have expected to see Amazon Music, but without lossless AlexaCast support as Bluesound apparently refuse to consider that.

Don’t even see Amazon Music listed under its spec. Aren’t they part of the same group that do Bluesound? If so, I would have expected to see Amazon Music, but without lossless AlexaCast support as Bluesound apparently refuse to consider that.
They are part of the same company. However, that device is not based on BlueOS, thats why it is slightly different from specs. You can use chromecast (with its limitations) tough.

They are part of the same company. However, that device is not based on BlueOS, thats why it is slightly different from specs. You can use chromecast (with its limitations) tough.
Ok thanks - for ChromeCast, that limitation for Amazon Music seems to be 16/44.1…

Edit: Which makes their statement that “GoogleCast support allows playback at up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution from any Cast-enabled app on a smartphone, tablet, or personal computer” factually incorrect - the Amazon Music app only supports ChromeCast up to 16/44.1 as mentioned previously

Ok thanks - for ChromeCast, that limitation for Amazon Music seems to be 16/44.1…

Edit: Which makes their statement that “GoogleCast support allows playback at up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution from any Cast-enabled app on a smartphone, tablet, or personal computer” factually incorrect - the Amazon Music app only supports ChromeCast up to 16/44.1 as mentioned previously
I think the "up to" caveat covers that. They are stating a maximum from any app, not what any specific app is able to achieve.
Just my take on that statement!

It’s sad to see wiim support hardly answer the concern of the users here unlike before there were answers. Peq one of most requested feature had no updates on what the progress. They could at least answer here on what is going on.

In my case I think I've dodged the FW rollback by not opening the WiiM Home app, which I think is the actual update trigger.

So If I just use BubbleUPnP for Qobuz and as local/home server control point, or even the WiiM BT remote preset buttons for internet radio, I do not trigger the update?

In my case I think I've dodged the FW rollback by not opening the WiiM Home app, which I think is the actual update trigger.
No, it's unrelated. I'm getting notifications when update is available and when the device had been updated. It happens without touching the app. I think all that is needed here is being "idle".

It’s sad to see wiim support hardly answer the concern of the users here unlike before there were answers. Peq one of most requested feature had no updates on what the progress. They could at least answer here on what is going on.
I agree

I agree with you. It seems a very interesting device, but i think we need to wait a bit to have more infos. Would be a pity if it's impossible to cast AMU, or casting at only at 16/44.
For Qobuz may be we can solve with BUPnP, but BUPnP is not good for Amazon

Back