Lineair power supply

We can go on and on I don’t believe such linear psw improve sounds and thought was snake oil. Just order it and let your ear decide if it’s a keeper or not. It’s just that simple no need go on science about audio. We let our ear decide and not measurements. Why people buy tube amp when the distortion on those were high? Because it was pleasing to their ear and don’t care what other people think.
It's not so simple because my ears also measure. My brain analyzes the results. The problem is that it's not calibrated at all and final results can vary.
I do not want any distortions introduced to the audio path. I want the sound as close to the original as it is possible to be delivered to my DAC. How the linear PSU connected to WiiM could help with that?

It's not so simple because my ears also measure. My brain analyzes the results. The problem is that it's not calibrated at all and final results can vary.
I do not want any distortions introduced to the audio path. I want the sound as close to the original as it is possible to be delivered to my DAC. How the linear PSU connected to WiiM could help with that?
Then go what you believe in end of story. People are not all same so don’t create that will lead to firestorm of arguments later down the road. Objective and subjective will never get along!

Then go what you believe in end of story. People are not all same so don’t create that will lead to arguments later down the road. Objective and subjective will never get along!
I do not see any reason to try to improve anything on WiiM's side when bit-perfect scenario is achieved, because there is nothing to be improved.
I can consider implementing some changes in non bit-perfect scenario. Is linear PSU going to improve WiiM's internal clock used during spdif transmission?

I do not see any reason to try to improve anything on WiiM's side when bit-perfect scenario is achieved, because there is nothing to be improved.
I can consider implementing some changes in non bit-perfect scenario. Is linear PSU going to improve WiiM's internal clock used during spdif transmission?
Lol you’re funny! Like the other person said he stated that he heard improvement. Do you have anything to loose if you order it and return it if did not meet your expectations? I would have return this unit if I did not hear different and keep my 130.

Lol you’re funny! Like the other person said he stated that he heard improvement. Do you have anything to loose if you order it and return it if did not meet your expectations? I would have return this unit if I did not hear different and keep my 130.
I won't bother the seller by returning a device that he can no longer sell as new, without a good reason. I know it's quite common to buy in order to test something and to return after all, but I do avoid such behavior. So if I'm not convinced at all I do not buy.

what is bitperfect....?:cool:
;-)

Attachments

• Amazon Basics HDMI Extractor Coax Measurements (1).png
    Amazon Basics HDMI Extractor Coax Measurements (1).png
    39.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Wiim Mini Measurement Toslink Streamer Android Bluetooth (1).png
    Wiim Mini Measurement Toslink Streamer Android Bluetooth (1).png
    46.7 KB · Views: 25
I won't bother the seller by returning a device that he can no longer sell as new, without a good reason. I know it's quite common to buy in order to test something and to return after all, but I do avoid such behavior. So if I'm not convinced at all I do not buy.
Are you happy on your system? Speaker placement, room treatments can make huge impact on improving sounds. If you look at affordable dac like in 200 range vs 500 and their snr and distortion are very close but the expensive one are more pleasing and enjoyable to listen.

Are you happy on your system? Speaker placement, room treatments can make huge impact on improving sounds. If you look at affordable dac like in 200 range vs 500 and their snr and distortion are very close but the expensive one are more pleasing and enjoyable to listen.
I'm quite happy with it because I can use my miniDSP Flex device to correct room acoustic the way I want to do. To get as much enjoyable sound as it's possible for me.

digital input measurement on the apx555b..
(mini ....toslink
the amazon extractor from hdmi... in coax)
;-)

digital input measurement on the apx555b..
(mini ....toslink
the amazon extractor from hdmi... in coax)
;-)
I do not think that APx555 tries to correct incoming clock. It wouldn't make sense in the measurement device.
Some DACs do that.

one is in this circumstance enob 24bits ("true 24bits" ;-))) ) ..the other is not..
just that s..141db of sinab is not enob 24bis but near 23bits enob

interesting isn't it?
;-)

Last edited:
You cannot be bit-perfect intrinsically if you add 0.03 s fade effect at the beginning of the song and when song is being extended by 0.1 ms for every 5 s. You will not see that on FFT RTA.

sure
;-)
but the "deep" fft measurement has 256k and average goes beyond ....
in my opinion , not that s observed by amirm..

just for reflection... ;-)

Last edited:
I tried IFI power 2 with Wiim Mini, it made the sound quite dull and veiled but I use IFI power 2 with another DAC and good results. There's a surge protector powerboard on Amazon with EMI / RFI filtering for around $40, (brand is Cyberpower) that's created a nice improvement for my audio gear and tv setup, also has USB ports but I found the Wiim sounds better with a USB adapter plugged into the powerboard.

Do try different USB wall adapters laying around your house, if you don't hear any difference, so be it.

Last edited:
sure
;-)
but the "deep" fft measurement has 256k and average goes beyond ....
in my opinion , not that s observed by amirm..

just for reflection... ;-)
I do not know, I'm too dumb for all that stuff. But going to have a simple spdif recorder very soon, something between RME and Flex in terms of clock manipulation I guess. Gonna see how WiiM measure with such kind of device.

I tried IFI power 2 with Wiim Mini, it made the sound quite dull and veiled but I use IFI power 2 with another DAC and good results. There's a surge protector powerboard on Amazon with EMI / RFI filtering for around $40, (brand is Cyberpower) that's created a nice improvement for my audio gear and tv setup, also has USB ports but I found the Wiim sounds better with a USB adapter plugged into the powerboard.

Do try different USB wall adapters laying around your house, if you don't hear any difference so be it, but I'd be surprised if you don't.
Just tell me how I can hear any difference when I can get bit-perfect stream on my DAC coming from WiiM?

Just tell me how I can hear any difference when I can get bit-perfect stream on my DAC coming from WiiM?
Seriously, people who comment about improvement on different power supply you criticize them as they fall on snake oil. Look, it’s part of business perspective that some get return for whatever reason. Like I said if you’re not happy return it and you get refunded on your return especially Amazon has good return policy. What do you have to loose and in fact you may thank me for improvement. Many of us already stated the improvement.

Seriously, people who comment about improvement on different power supply you criticize them as they fall on snake oil. Look, it’s part of business perspective that some get return for whatever reason. Like I said if you’re not happy return it and you get refunded on your return especially Amazon has good return policy. What do you have to loose and in fact you may thank me for improvement. Many of us already stated the improvement.
"Do not do unto others, what you do not want others to do unto you."
I get really pissed off when I buy something and I get a returned item instead of a brand new.

Regarding linear PSU, all I want to know is how it could improve anything when connected to the WiiM if I get bit-perfect stream already.
Or if it's able to improve WiiM's clock in non bit-perfect scenario.

BTW, I have my WiiM connected to the UPS.

"Do not do unto others, what you do not want others to do unto you."
I get really pissed off when I buy something and I get a returned item instead of a brand new.

Regarding linear PSU, all I want to know is how it could improve anything when connected to the WiiM if I get bit-perfect stream already.
Or if it's able to improve WiiM's clock in non bit-perfect scenario.

BTW, I have my WiiM connected to the UPS.
Every aspect in design it impact sound quality. With regards with your question, those matters on the designer perspective and as you as a buyer wether you agree with them or not it’s up to you. If you think you can do better then redesign what wiim did on their product and give us your feedback.

Back