List of linkplay speakers that work with the wiim app?

raygunn

Is there a list of speakers that will work with the wiim app for multiroom legacy support? Been looking for smaller speaker or battery powered speakers that work with my current wiim setup.

At the end there will be a list of some of them
And also:

Last edited:
So i want to confirm before i try and find linkplay speakers, but will any linkplay speaker avalibe (as this list has dwindled to a handfull, not what the website says) they will all be showing up to manipulate in the wiim app?

So i want to confirm before i try and find linkplay speakers, but will any linkplay speaker avalibe (as this list has dwindled to a handfull, not what the website says) they will all be showing up to manipulate in the wiim app?
Seconding this question. I'm wondering if there are any portable linkplay speakers that would natively work with the Wiim ecosystem? In other words, are there any speakers that have onboard Wiim streaming capability such that they can be integrated into a multi-room Wiim setup without having a Wiim streamer plugged in? I currently have a couple of Wiim streamers (two minis, one pro plus) connected to two passive speaker setups. I'd like to add portable speakers that can connect to the aforementioned setup without having a Wiim streamer plugged into them, as this would mean I don't need to lug around the speaker + Wiim streamer + power source for the Wiim streamer.

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Given that WiiM have just released firmware for the Pro (and Pro Plus tomorrow) that allows Airplay casting to one or more Airplay speakers, might that not make your task easier in identifying suitable portable speakers and not constrain your search to just Linkplay enabled speakers? You wouldn’t be able to mix non airplay Linkplay speakers into an airplay speaker group but that might not be a concern for you.

Given that WiiM have just released firmware for the Pro (and Pro Plus tomorrow) that allows Airplay casting to one or more Airplay speakers, might that not make your task easier in identifying suitable portable speakers and not constrain your search to just Linkplay enabled speakers? You wouldn’t be able to mix non airplay Linkplay speakers into an airplay speaker group but that might not be a concern for you.
I'm a newbie so excuse my potential ignorance. Both my partner and I are Android users and I'm looking for a setup that would ideally support lossless streaming. My understanding is this isn't possible using Airplay without iOS or MacOS. Thoughts? And again, thanks for the help :)

While that's not always available with Apple Music, the new WiiM firmware should allow lossless 16/44.1 Airplay casting from a WiiM Pro.

Interesting. So the Wiim Pro can now act as a transmitter that uses Airplay/Airplay2? Is this true for the Wiim Pro Plus also?

I'm assuming the only other protocol it can transmit is LinkPlay. Is that correct? I guess my interest in LinkPlay speakers stemmed from my wanting to have at least one speaker pair that is a) totally portable (doesn't need a Wiim streamer plugged into it) and b) can synch with other Wiim-connected speakers in my house. It sounds like I can achieve both those things with Airplay2 speakers if 1) Wiim Pro/Pro Plus can in fact act as an Airplay2 transmitter now and 2) the Wiim Pro/Pro Plus can transmit Airplay2 to both Airplay2-enabled speakers and other Wiim streamers.

Thanks again for the immense help, by the way!

The Pro Plus’ firmware will be updated in day or two to support Airplay Cast like the Pro now can. You can either choose your destination Airplay speakers under audio output in the Pro‘s device setting, or simply by clicking on the output device on the Now Playing screen. That will then bring up a list of airplay devices on your network from which you can then select one or more target devices. If I hadn’t already powered down my kit for the night, I would have posted a screen shot showing my WiiM Mini, WiiM Pro Plus, Linn amp and Samsung Tv as target Airplay devices from my WiiM Plus.

Back