Losing ability to cast from Amazon music to mini

browncow

Hello
I have been casting direct from the android Amazon music app to my Wiim mini.
It used to work OK but now I find that the sound will suddenly drop (often when doing something else on the phone like checking an email). When I try to reconnect the amazon app with the Wiim it won't. I can stil go through the Wiim app but that is cumbersome.
Only thing that fixes it is restarting the phone
Not sure if this is an amazon music app issue or Wiim

Any advice appreciated

Thanks Ian

Hello
I have been casting direct from the android Amazon music app to my Wiim mini.
It used to work OK but now I find that the sound will suddenly drop (often when doing something else on the phone like checking an email). When I try to reconnect the amazon app with the Wiim it won't. I can stil go through the Wiim app but that is cumbersome.
Only thing that fixes it is restarting the phone
Not sure if this is an amazon music app issue or Wiim

Any advice appreciated

Thanks Ian
May be rebooting the Mini? Another thing that, sometimes, i discovered to work is unplug the Mini for at least 40sec/1min. Then replug it

I’d also try clearing the amazon music app cache (note this might also wipe and downloaded tracks). I’d also try a reboot of the mini from its settings in the Wiim home app.

Also, try playing a track on the amazon music app to your phone, then try casting - it might then see it already has a connection and break that before reconnecting.

Also, it would be useful to submit a ticket to Wiim when it happens again so they can inspect your device logs.

Thanks for the replies. I didn't get any joy with those fixes. Opened a ticket with WiiM.
Actually I know think it's the amazon app rather than the WiiM. I cast it to another device (Samsung soundbar) and the exact same happened.
I shouldn't be surprised - the amazon music app is horrible and have had other issues with it. Shame that a good streaming service is otherwise ruined by a shoddy app.
I've signed up for a trial of Tidal and so far so good

How are you casting to the wiim?
You indicate it's worse when using the phone for other things.
If using alexacast then your phone usage should have nothing to do with it as it's essentially just a remote control.
If you turn your phone off while playing amazon, does the music stop?

I doubt if the Samsung soundbar is being “cast to” unless it has an Alexa skill - again, it sounds like airplay and the culprit then is likely to be the amazon music app which has been getting more flakey as time goes by.

Still puzzled by certain albums not being available thru the WiiM app as it’s using the Same music service as the native app - examples would help

To cast I goto the cogg at the top right hand corner of the amazon app, click connect to device and from there click on WiiM.

The soundbar has Alexa.

Not sure what you mean by difference albums not being available????

It's an android phone

Just checked. If I turn off the phone when. It is playing then the music keeps playing

To cast I goto the cogg at the top right hand corner of the amazon app, click connect to device and from there click on WiiM.

The soundbar has Alexa.

Not sure what you mean by difference albums not being available????

It's an android phone
Ok, it must have a skill for it to appear in the amazon music app, but I doubt you’re getting full UHD support that way, maybe CD quality at best if not actually just lossy.

Apologies re the different albums comment, I thought I was on a different but similar thread :(

Thanks for the replies. I didn't get any joy with those fixes. Opened a ticket with WiiM.
Actually I know think it's the amazon app rather than the WiiM. I cast it to another device (Samsung soundbar) and the exact same happened.
I shouldn't be surprised - the amazon music app is horrible and have had other issues with it. Shame that a good streaming service is otherwise ruined by a shoddy app.
I've signed up for a trial of Tidal and so far so good
I agree with you that Amazon App isn’t the best thing on the world. By the way tha App has bettered itself after latest updates.
Anyway when i cast music throu AlexaCast using the native App i have no problems at all. I think is something related to you and your devices/line

I wondered if you were referring to another thread!
I can get the same resolution as the source- up to 192....according to the light on the DAC anyway

I agree with you that Amazon App isn’t the best thing on the world. By the way tha App has bettered itself after latest updates.
Anyway when i cast music throu AlexaCast using the native App i have no problems at all. I think is something related to you and your devices/line
Thanks I have the latest version of the app

This happens with my mini all the time, sometimes several times a day... The only solution I've found that works consistently is to shut the app down, go to the settings on my Android, then to apps, choose Amazon Music, then force stop.

I keep hoping an update to either the WIIM app, or Amazon Music will fix this issue, but no luck so far.

Hello,

I have the same issues with Amazon App + Wiim mini. I am in the process of trying different streaming services and looking for the best option.
- Amazon is the cheapest with good quality, but the app is kind of bad and gets freezes and sometimes the wiim is not available (I am using the alexa integration and casting directly from an Android Amazon App)
- Quboz is great but will try once we have Quboz Connect, as browsing through the Wiim app is sad
- Tidal for me is the best by far in ease of use and consistency. Rarely any issues, value is not as good as Quboz or AM.
- Rebooting the Wiim sometimes fixes the issues.
I have been thinking on getting a DAC, but now the wiim is connected to analog out.

Hello,

I have the same issues with Amazon App + Wiim mini. I am in the process of trying different streaming services and looking for the best option.
- Amazon is the cheapest with good quality, but the app is kind of bad and gets freezes and sometimes the wiim is not available (I am using the alexa integration and casting directly from an Android Amazon App)
- Quboz is great but will try once we have Quboz Connect, as browsing through the Wiim app is sad
- Tidal for me is the best by far in ease of use and consistency. Rarely any issues, value is not as good as Quboz or AM.
- Rebooting the Wiim sometimes fixes the issues.
I have been thinking on getting a DAC, but now the wiim is connected to analog out.
Hi @tcapelle
"Quboz is great but will try once we have Quboz Connect, as browsing through the Wiim app is sad"
I agree with you that browsing in WHA is nearly impossible.
As for Qobuz, if you are interested in the service, waiting for Qobuz Connect, will it arrive? I fixed it using BubbleUPnp for Android.
The App is, for me, very well done. It has an infinity of settings to be able to customize it to your liking and you will have 24/192 and Gapeless music.
For iOS I use MConnect
It doesn't have all the customization possibilities of BUPnP, but you will still get 24/192 and Gapeless music.
I use both and they work great.
Unfortunately, the two Apps only see Qobuz and Tidal, or, if you have any, the music files on your computer. So no Amazon Music UHD

It seems that my way to "work" with the WiiM and the WiiM software is more or less an outsider thing.
Albums that I want to hear were placed in the favorite section of the services and then I use the WiiM app. Even playlists (for me still mixtapes 😉) work this way.
If I do not know what I want to listen to (a situation which never ever happens) I would stroll through allmusic.com or something similar.
Sad point: If you want a service like Roon (which will be the the answer to all your questions) you have to pay for it. Part of the business. Otherwise it can also be fun and interesting to tinker. I bought our cheap little gem knowing what is NOT possible before purchasing. And, one thing: I bet Qobuz will never ever be interested in Qobuz Connect. But maybe time will come that changes it. Possibly same day Spotify HD will appear.
Have a nice week @all

Qobuz are expecting to release their connect later this year I believe.
I'm sure someone will find the releant posts here and link to them...

Back