Losing ability to cast from Amazon music to mini

Still puzzled by certain albums not being available thru the WiiM app as it’s using the Same music service as the native app - examples would help
I have seen this in connection with both Spotify & Qobuz when used with LMS plugins. The consensus over there is that the API is connecting to a particular server / database whereas the official app is using something else. Probably something to do with CDN arrangements.

Hello,

I have the same issues with Amazon App + Wiim mini. I am in the process of trying different streaming services and looking for the best option.
- Amazon is the cheapest with good quality, but the app is kind of bad and gets freezes and sometimes the wiim is not available (I am using the alexa integration and casting directly from an Android Amazon App)
- Quboz is great but will try once we have Quboz Connect, as browsing through the Wiim app is sad
- Tidal for me is the best by far in ease of use and consistency. Rarely any issues, value is not as good as Quboz or AM.
- Rebooting the Wiim sometimes fixes the issues.
I have been thinking on getting a DAC, but now the wiim is connected to analog out.
I gave up on Amazon l, that app is a mess.
Agree Tidal works best for me too
Apple music is great for functionality, sound and price - shame not supported on wiim

Maybe, no surely, its not very popular but it is my opinion. If anyone wants hires why not using the software delivered with the streamers? If one wants to have the HiRes solution Qobuz and AMHD deliver it. The "connect" item is today ready by Spotify (lossy, very lossy) and the Tidal MQA fraud. Maybe Qobuz will do it sometime. But surely for a higher price than now. And the screaming will start...

I’m afraid I don’t value Bluesound’s opinions since they came up with a nonsensical reply as to why they wouldn’t support hi res AlexaCast. You’ll see a reference to a YouTube video in the search link I provided where in discussions between Wiim and Qobuz reps it was said that Qobuz hoped that WiiM would be one of the first, if not the first, to support Qobuz Connect.

I think what Bluesound were trying to say is that iirc there is a connect feature mentioned in Qobuz but it’s not a true cast/connect type feature as provided by Spotify, Tidal etc but such a mechanism is under development. It’s also been discussed often on the audiophilestyle official Qobuz thread, so Qobuz Connect is something that is being developed with a target release date of later this year.

Apple music is great for functionality, sound and price - shame not supported on wiim
Shame Apple Music is only supported on their own kit, apart from a select few big names like Sonos, Tesla and maybe one or two other car makers who probably were happy to throw money at Apple…

As I said...time will tell. And I cross fingers you all will see your wishes fullfilled.
For me the HiFi universe is fine 😉
Ok, maybe a pair of KEF Blade 2 will materialize by magic

I mainly listen to AM using Echo's voice controls and routines.

So the question is, does Qobus support Alexa voice control in the US or France?

If Qobuz starts in Japan later this year, we are considering switching from AM.

From Bluesound...they should know what to expect:

View attachment 844
Well, I'm not sure why it has "Official comment" in the top right. afaik, Seppi doesn't work for Bluesound, but maybe he joined reasonably recently.

Like Brantome, I too don't place much too much value in bluesound's opinions. While the app and device was good, one specific issue I (and many others from what I read) had was effectively dismissed as a non issue and never fixed. One reason I sold mine on.
It's an issue that used to affect Wiims too, but Wiim did acknowledge that it could be better, and they made it better.

I mainly listen to AM using Echo's voice controls and routines.

So the question is, does Qobus support Alexa voice control in the US or France?

If Qobuz starts in Japan later this year, we are considering switching from AM.
I’m not aware that there’s an Alexa skill for Qobuz anywhere…

Maybe, no surely, it’s not very popular but it is my opinion. If anyone wants hires why not using the software delivered with the streamers? If one wants to have the HiRes solution Qobuz and AMHD deliver it. The "connect" item is today ready by Spotify (lossy, very lossy) and the Tidal MQA fraud. Maybe Qobuz will do it sometime. But surely for a higher price than now. And the screaming will start...
Amazon Music has its own Connect mechanism with AlexaCast, and I personally don’t see Qobuz upping their prices when they release their Connect mechanism - it can only attract more customers. Plus with a WiiM Pro, the Qobuz app can already deliver up to 24/96 over ChromeCast.

Amazon Music has its own Connect mechanism with AlexaCast, and I personally don’t see Qobuz upping their prices when they release their Connect mechanism - it can only attract more customers. Plus with a WiiM Pro, the Qobuz app can already deliver up to 24/96 over ChromeCast.
Albeit gap-ful :eek:

Ok, I see that my way to things is very different. Maybe it is a question of age 😉
Things like Alexa and so on are not part of my life, therefore I have no thoughts about. Its scary enough my car speaks to me...
I am absolutely ok when, by hand, I get my tablet and choose music. And if a spezial device or software does not fulfill my wishes I find another or additional item or solution.
I will look at the things here and try to keep quiet...

I try...not sure I can.
Having my first shave in the 60ies....Old Spice was the after shave of choice 😉

I am pretty sure that Quboz connect will be supported soon, and then I will switch back to. Tidal works pretty well with connect and the quality is good, I am on regular Tidal Hifi.

Back