Mini malady mitigated

Mr Ee

Major Contributor
Yes, the title is really just for alliterative fun.

Agree. Disagree. Agree to disagree. I don't mind ;)

With too many hifi systems around the house, and a bit of a shuffle recently,, the 'mini' one in my signature below hadn't been set up / used in a little while.
It had previously been in my office setup and I'd been listening to it most of the 3-4 days a week I was working from home for the last few months, since getting that dac.

It's now in the centre of the house, the kitchen, and I had it playing the other day, but just wasn't liking it.
What was different? Well, the only difference (apart from the room and speaker placement, and the placement in the office was far from ideal, worse than in the kitchen imo) was that I'd used up all my analog interconnects elsewhere so had grabbed a set from a Pro's box that I wasn't using.

Seeing as yesterday was sunny I went for a bike ride to a local-ish hifi store and bought a new analog interconnect.
Yes, I could have just bought one off Amazon, but it was a good excuse to have a destination for the bike ride rather than just going for a bike ride!

Double delight deliverance - the bike ride was fun, and so is the music again.

Last edited:
Just for the fun of it ….Besides using ifi power x and audio quest optical cable I have disabled status light and touch controls from the settings 😂 I won’t tell why 😎. Now I would have bought the ifi spdif purifier 2 but I will wait for the plus . Good news my amp manufacturer confirmed that “the SPDIF inputs are galvanically (electrically and physically) isolated from the external world.”

Last edited:
Back