Amazon packing boxes

DinoF

Hi All,
My Wiim Amp arrived today and loving it. I took a video of the unboxing as I'd seen another poster showing the state of his box and possibility of it being an Amazon return sent out.
My seals were all in place, but it was obvious the box had had some abuse in transit. It wasn't helped by the fact Amazon's normal abundance of packing was missing especially at one end!

Attachments

• IMG_20240117_113421.jpg
    IMG_20240117_113421.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20240117_113440.jpg
    IMG_20240117_113440.jpg
    663.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20240117_113452.jpg
    IMG_20240117_113452.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20240117_113428.jpg
    IMG_20240117_113428.jpg
    732.4 KB · Views: 42
I think the WiiM box needs to be reinforced. Both of my two WiiM Amps arrived with the inside crushed and damage to the outer box. One arrived with the seals unstuck from the sides and the other one of the seals actually sheared off from the weight of the unit.

Not a return. Packaging by amazon is bad, hence the the damage on the outer box. The issue with the inner cardboard has been reported a lot. I had the same with my device. The cardboard is too thin and gets crushed by the unit itself. The seals are also weak and will come of in transit.

Hi All,
My Wiim Amp arrived today and loving it. I took a video of the unboxing as I'd seen another poster showing the state of his box and possibility of it being an Amazon return sent out.
My seals were all in place, but it was obvious the box had had some abuse in transit. It wasn't helped by the fact Amazon's normal abundance of packing was missing especially at one end!
Complain to Amazon about the packaging - you might even get a nominal credit note/ gift certificate given it’s a relatively high value item.

Not a return. Packaging by amazon is bad, hence the the damage on the outer box. The issue with the inner cardboard has been reported a lot. I had the same with my device. The cardboard is too thin and gets crushed by the unit itself. The seals are also weak and will come of in transit.
Yes, not a return, but another buyer thought his was as it also had issues. I guess the post was more about Amazon's lack of outer packaging protection, which is normally the opposite.

Previously, Amazon used to shrink the product to the bottom of the box like this. I rarely see them now.

IMG_20240118_175215.jpg

Considering that the WiiM amp weighs 2kg, the thin paper cushioning material looks very unreliable. Even Topping's inexpensive DACs are wrapped in a thick sponge.

IMG_20240118_174817.jpg

Considering Amazon's current packaging, I think it would be better to raise the price of the Wii M amp by $5 and use a more durable packing material. 😅

Just playing devil’s advocate here. WiiM sell the Amp in a box, so the box protects the Amp. Amazon pack the WiiM box in another box to add a further layer of protection.

If the Amp has arrived unscathed, the two boxes have done their job.

My Pro+ arrived (not from Amazon) just loose in a sealed, grey plastic bag supplied by the courier. Box all sealed, but a bit dinged on all corners and while it might not have been related, there was no output from the left channel via line-out. Phoned the retailer & pointed out the poor packaging - they said they'd look into it. Replacement arrived the next day - exactly the same, box a bit battered. Thankfully everything worked on this unit. I know it's a 'budget' bit of kit, but quite amazing they're packing electrical items so poorly.

Hi All,
That's a little bit of stuffing in the Amazon box, at least. Mine came with absolutely zero padding. Your WiiM box still looks worse than mine, maybe it traveled a longer distance.

It's obviously that the shaped inner cardboard piece is a bit too weak to safely hold the WiiM Amp in it's place. The lack of appropriate padding in Amazon's outer box makes matters worse, as the inner box is constantly sliding around, hitting the walls, causing hard impacts time a d time again.

That's a little bit of stuffing in the Amazon box, at least. Mine came with absolutely zero padding. Your WiiM box still looks worse than mine, maybe it traveled a longer distance.

It's obviously that the shaped inner cardboard piece is a bit too weak to safely hold the WiiM Amp in it's place. The lack of appropriate padding in Amazon's outer box makes matters worse, as the inner box is constantly sliding around, hitting the walls, causing hard impacts time a d time again.
Exactly that.

I keep forgetting, many people here come from different countries.

Here in the UK I find Amazon’s packaging to be great. Now, you watch the state of the next delivery I get from them. 🤣

Amazon packaging used to be appropriate in Germany as well.

But not so long ago they introduced a 2F authorisation process for goods above 200 € (or so) without officially announcing it. They send you an email with a 6 digit code on the delivery day ... And there's no info about it anywhere in their app.

Comes in very handy if have the parcel delivered to a friend or relative, because you are not at home and you don't even know that you have to wait for a code and forward it to them in time.

Wild guess: The money spent on that BS must now be saved by omitting the padding. :p

Your came in a box? Mine had the label directly onto the WiiM Amp Box :cry:

Yeah, mine too. Good thing it wasn't a gift. The WiiM box was roughed up (but not crushed) and the amp had broken through the white paper tray in a couple of places.

Yeah, mine too. Good thing it wasn't a gift. The WiiM box was roughed up (but not crushed) and the amp had broken through the white paper tray in a couple of places.
When you order on Amazon, it will ask you if you want to shipped with Amazon box. Did you forget to choose that?

Back