NAS Recommendations

You need a Synology that supports Docker. If I remember correctly, it needs an Intel CPU.
yes, there are compatibility issues with running docker stuff on ARM-based NAS. (not with all containers)

also, why not go for at least a 2-disk version? since you are going the NAS route anyways... 🤔

I want to take PC Laptop I currently run LMS on out of the loop. Just realized I have a RPi I can use to run LMS.

I’m finding that LMS and iPeng phone app work better to manage/play music than WiiM Home.

And you do not need docker for LMS on Ubuntu or an Rpi. I actually have a Synology NAS that is docker capable but run LMS on an old Rpi. My music files are on the NAS so I just share that folder to the Rpi.

There are more updates available for LMS on Ubuntu and Rpi than for the docker version.

There are more updates available for LMS on Ubuntu and Rpi than for the docker version.
No...Anyone can pull from source on GitHub and build a new docker container, so there's absolutely zero difference. But, on a more practical path, most folks only pull stable containers more infrequently rather than living on the bleeding edge of nightly updates.

No...Anyone can pull from source on GitHub and build a new docker container, so there's absolutely zero difference. But, on a more practical path, most folks only pull stable containers more infrequently rather than living on the bleeding edge of nightly updates.
Ofcourse. But I like the nightly updates but also do not want the hassle of building my own containers.

Back