New user: when optical input, how to see the bitrate?

timattrn

I have digital input going into the optical input, so in the case the WiiM pro is acting as a DAC.
How do I see the birtate? The app show a generic image and no information. I just got it today and it did an update immediately
I have firmware 4.8.517862 build date 20230523

Last edited:
WIiM App> Device (gear icon) > Audio Settings> SPDIF Output Resolution

Select the appropriate resolution here.

The bitrate is displayed on the screen during playback.🙂IMG_20230529_160208.jpg

IMG_20230529_160228.jpg

Not for optical input (as I said in my post). I have attached what I see (By the way, my question is about optical input, not output)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230529-180919.png
    Screenshot_20230529-180919.png
    725.6 KB · Views: 20
Sorry, I misunderstood...

Although I've never used optical input so I'll only guess.

I think that WiiM pro does not have a function to obtain bitrate information from optical input. For example, even with Bluetooth input, the Wiim app does not display the bitrate. I think you can only do that when streaming and playing in DLNA.

I think this might have been mentioned in the past - if you don’t see anything in the forum, raise a ticket via the feedback section in the Wiim home app

I think this might have been mentioned in the past - if you don’t see anything in the forum, raise a ticket via the feedback section in the Wiim home app
thanks. I have done that. I requsted that the app show bit density and sample frequency of optical input.

Bitrate cannot be shown over digital output as there is no file length known to the WiiM to let it calculate the bitrate.

The audio resolution could be possible to visualize.

Back