New WiiM Home App on Windows and MAC

Hi Team,

We have some great news about our WiiM Home App on Windows and MAC. The new Beta App (with version 0.1.3) supports browsing and searching your music library by track, genre, album, and artist. It can also auto-fill your missing metadata in case your music library misses any metadata information. You can download it here by tapping on the "Download for MacOS" or "Download for Windows". Please try and let us know your thoughts.

1683949444499.png
1683949470085.png

1683949509180.png

1683949526488.png

Last edited:
I've just installed the Windows version for the first time, but will this ultimately include all the functionality of the mobile apps?
At the moment it's primarily a music server (as in it indexes your music), personally I have no use for this, but is the intention to make this a source for the WiiM mobile apps?
My only real feedback at this early stage is that it doesn't appear to be making use of external artwork (folder.jpg).

For those who can, until the Windows version approaches the level of the mobile apps, I’d suggest installing the android version under the Windows Subsystem for Android or similar.

Is there a Linux version in the pipeline?
If you do a search for Linux on the forum, you’ll see this has been asked and I think the consensus is it’s unlikely to be on their roadmap. From what little Googling I’ve done, there seem to be several ways of running android apps on Linux (Anbox and Waydroid were a couple i saw) so perhaps trying something like those with the WiiM Home android app might be a possible way forward.

Looks great - any chance that a future version will have a little more control over the settings - e..g switching inputs / outputs / EQ ?

Taking it's time scanning. Getting no program icon on my taskbar, just a blank sheet icon. Windows says it needs and app.ico file

Last edited:
Hi Team,

We have some great news about our WiiM Home App on Windows and MAC. The new Beta App (with version 0.1.3) supports browsing and searching your music library by track, genre, album, and artist. It can also auto-fill your missing metadata in case your music library misses any metadata information. You can download it here by tapping on the "Download for MacOS" or "Download for Windows". Please try and let us know your thoughts.

View attachment 818
View attachment 819

View attachment 820

View attachment 821
I just downloaded the new version of the Wiim Windows Beta , and I don't see how it's any different than the one I have from 3 months back. Still not able to search for music or access anything saved on my Android app.

I don't see this as a plus. I don't use Wiim pro for my home music library. The windows app needs to access streaming services in the same way the android app does. Until then it's of no use to me. Using WSA and the android app was ultimately not my thing either...it's a band-aid solution. For now I'll stick with Qobuz and chromecast, even though i lose 24/192

Hi, I was going to request WiiM Home app. for "Windows," but I knew the project was going on. I, personally, want this, as I want to, at least, display the album art on a PC screen to easily know what track is being played.

- So, the first improvement request is to make the album art bigger, or if you could, as big as possible.
- Next is Amazon Music plug-in, as many others want it so that I do not have to use my phone to browse and start the music.

Attachments

• Wiim Home Windows.jpg
    Wiim Home Windows.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 28
Is this latest version a "true" Windows app (not something that needs the Android subsystem)?

Is it uninstallable from the "installed apps" pulldown in the Win11 system settings?

Hi, I often encounter 32 bits with Amazon Ultra HD on the Windows version, which I do not believe.
This must be a bug with the Windows version, as the Android version says it is 24 bits.

Attachments

• Wiim Home Windows 2023 0517.jpg
    Wiim Home Windows 2023 0517.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 27
Is this latest version a "true" Windows app (not something that needs the Android subsystem)?

Is it uninstallable from the "installed apps" pulldown in the Win11 system settings?
Yes it is (I have win 10, but that shouldn't make a difference)

Two questions: what are the minimum system requirements for Mac, and can the metadata auto-fill option be disabled or at least non-destructive? I’m fastidious with my tagging, don’t want it touched.

On my PC, as best I can tell, this app currently only offers a limited browsing page (my music, home music server, and presets). No music services, no page for settings of any kind, basically just the player front end, yes?

When will this Windows version have everything the iPad version has?

On my PC, as best I can tell, this app currently only offers a limited browsing page (my music, home music server, and presets). No music services, no page for settings of any kind, basically just the player front end, yes?

When will this Windows version have everything the iPad version has?
Anyone’s guess, I get the impression it’s not a priority.

Anyone’s guess, I get the impression it’s not a priority.

Ah, oh well... that's too bad, but I'm old and shouldn't be surprised. Just that I'm on a PC all day and think it would be convenient to have everything available in one app. Not that I mess around with the settings that much, but sometimes my iPad is not nearby when I need it.

All in all, I'm liking the WiiM Pro and find the PC version of the app useful even as-is.

Back