New WiiM Home App on Windows and MAC

Hi Team,

We have some great news about our WiiM Home App on Windows and MAC. The new Beta App (with version 0.1.3) supports browsing and searching your music library by track, genre, album, and artist. It can also auto-fill your missing metadata in case your music library misses any metadata information. You can download it here by tapping on the "Download for MacOS" or "Download for Windows". Please try and let us know your thoughts.

1683949444499.png
1683949470085.png

1683949509180.png

1683949526488.png

Last edited:
I can access my local music library with Wiim Home App for Mac OS but there doesn't seem to be any way to add music services like Tidal or Qobuz. Am I missing something?

I can access my local music library with Wiim Home App for Mac OS but there doesn't seem to be any way to add music services like Tidal or Qobuz. Am I missing something?
No, the desktop apps are still in beta and don’t support the range of services that the mobile apps do. If you have a version of MacOS that runs iOS apps, use the mobile version

Whether the WiiM app has been published to the Amazon AppStore isn’t really the point as WSA networking is currently broken as I mentioned earlier. If you install the Aurora appstore for example under WSA, you can access the WiiM app there but until Microsoft fix the networking issue with WSA, it wouldn’t work.

If you uninstall the latest WSA and install the following older version of it and turn on 'Experimental features'. > 'Advanced Networking', the networking will work and you will be able to get the Wiim android to run on Windows 11, I've just done it. 😃😀

https://github.com/microsoft/WSA/issues/378#issuecomment-1908855522

Yay desktop app!

Feature Requests:
  • Use computer's media keys/volume to control WiiM
  • Send computer audio (arbitrary beeps from Windows, etc) to WiiM (act as a virtual output device)

Last edited:
I could run an extra cable, too. But I'm not looking for substandard solutions. There is already a connection - why not use it?

Back