New WiiM Home App on Windows and MAC

Hi Team,

We have some great news about our WiiM Home App on Windows and MAC. The new Beta App (with version 0.1.3) supports browsing and searching your music library by track, genre, album, and artist. It can also auto-fill your missing metadata in case your music library misses any metadata information. You can download it here by tapping on the "Download for MacOS" or "Download for Windows". Please try and let us know your thoughts.

1683949444499.png
1683949470085.png

1683949509180.png

1683949526488.png

Last edited:
It was not a reply to your comment. I am using the iOS-app on MacOS and it works great, good to mention it.
I just discovered this and will delete the beta Mac app, play with this tonight. Fantastic, keep getting surprised at how well thought out this ecosystem is.

Wie kann ich die Wiim Home App auf Windows 10 installieren?Also Windows läuft im gleichen Netz wie Android,Danke

Thanks for reply. That means we need new update version?
Development of the desktop version has always lagged behind the iOS and android versions I’m afraid and it may be a while , if ever, before it will catch up. Again, not being a Tidal user, can you use Tidal Connect from the desktop Tidal app to your WiiM?

Development of the desktop version has always lagged behind the iOS and android versions I’m afraid and it may be a while , if ever, before it will catch up. Again, not being a Tidal user, can you use Tidal Connect from the desktop Tidal app to your WiiM?
Yes. seems the only way so far.

I’m not at my pc, but don’t think you can.
Can't one just use the TIDAL app and send the output to the WiiM as the TIDAL Connect device? This will require a paid subscription to TIDAL. FYI, Spotify's Connect works with both paid and free subscriptions.

Does anyone know why the Windows and macOS apps choose to spell Alphabetical AlphaBetical?

Yes use TIDAL Connect, but Connect is enabled only for paid subscriptions.

Does anyone know why the WiiM Home apps for Windows and maOS capitalize the B (AlphaBetical) in Alphabetical on the My Music screens?

Yes use TIDAL Connect, but Connect is enabled only for paid subscriptions.

Does anyone know why the WiiM Home apps for Windows and maOS capitalize the B (AlphaBetical) in Alphabetical on the My Music screens?
For the same reason they capitalise the M in Wiim ;)
Or maybe just a small English mistake.

When the app will allow to add services such Tidal or Amazon Music to be visible? in 0.15 I cant find the way to enable it

Back