New WiiM Home App on Windows and MAC

Hi Team,

We have some great news about our WiiM Home App on Windows and MAC. The new Beta App (with version 0.1.3) supports browsing and searching your music library by track, genre, album, and artist. It can also auto-fill your missing metadata in case your music library misses any metadata information. You can download it here by tapping on the "Download for MacOS" or "Download for Windows". Please try and let us know your thoughts.

1683949444499.png
1683949470085.png

1683949509180.png

1683949526488.png

Last edited:
Since I first posted that, Microsoft have changed networking in the Windows Subsystem for Android, and as a result many apps including the WiiM Home and BubbleUPNP apps no longer work with it :(

Thanks for reporting that. Useful to know!

I wonder when the Subsystem will become a regular part of Windows.

Sorry yes, that was my point.
The WiiM app hasn't been published to the Amazon store.

Oh, now I understand. It's a mess!

Thanks!
Whether the WiiM app has been published to the Amazon AppStore isn’t really the point as WSA networking is currently broken as I mentioned earlier. If you install the Aurora appstore for example under WSA, you can access the WiiM app there but until Microsoft fix the networking issue with WSA, it wouldn’t work.

See here for a description of the issue which is impacting not just the WiiM Home app, but the well respected BubbleUpnP app amongst others

Sorry yes, that was my point.
The WiiM app hasn't been published to the Amazon store.
Not sure if this is relevant or useful, but for those with Amazon tablets I did install an AppStore in order to get the WiiM app (I think Aurora - I don’t have access to my tablets right now until I get back home). In looking at WiiM’s download store for Mac and Windows, there is an APK link as well to download the Android APK itself - wonder if this works just as well on Amazon tablets and without having to install a separate appstore?

1704568926847.png

Still waiting for landscape mode support though for Android - both my fire tablets sit in wireless chargers that are always in landscape, so I always have to twist my head to see what’s playing, etc. :cautious:

Not sure if this is relevant or useful, but for those with Amazon tablets I did install an AppStore in order to get the WiiM app (I think Aurora - I don’t have access to my tablets right now until I get back home). In looking at WiiM’s download store for Mac and Windows, there is an APK link as well to download the Android APK itself - wonder if this works just as well on Amazon tablets and without having to install a separate appstore?

View attachment 4439

Still waiting for landscape mode support though for Android - both my fire tablets sit in wireless chargers that are always in landscape, so I always have to twist my head to see what’s playing, etc. :cautious:
Hi timmo,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about the need for landscape mode support on our Android App. We understand how important this feature is, especially for users with devices like Fire tablets that are often used in landscape orientation.

We're excited to let you know that our team is actively working on developing the landscape mode for the Android App. We are targeting to make this feature available in the first quarter of this year.

I keep forgetting that the Wiim Hime app for Mac will only load once, try and run it again and it just bounces and bounces and bounces in the dock!! Left it running all day yesterday to catalogue and discover all my music on a network share, only to fall foils of the bouncing ball syndrome next time I loaded it… oh well ‘tis a beta. But it looked quite nice for local music and was looking forward to trying it out sending to the Wiim Pro this morning…

(I’m on Intel silicon so can’t load iOS apps)

I keep forgetting that the Wiim Hime app for Mac will only load once, try and run it again and it just bounces and bounces and bounces in the dock!! Left it running all day yesterday to catalogue and discover all my music on a network share, only to fall foils of the bouncing ball syndrome next time I loaded it… oh well ‘tis a beta. But it looked quite nice for local music and was looking forward to trying it out sending to the Wiim Pro this morning…

(I’m on Intel silicon so can’t load iOS apps)
Yeah … I always have to Force Quit the app on Mac (Intel Mac here) :cautious: I’m also hoping for an auto-update and/or ‘check for updates’ function in the app so we know when a new release is out there (it’s manual now).

Does anyone know if the desktop app will obtain the same features and functions of the mobile apps? I would love to be able to control my Wiim entirely from my desktop while I work, rather than having to pull out my phone any time I want to change albums/services/etc.

Almost all of the current development effort seems to be on the mobile apps, so it’d be a brave person who’d put a date on when the desktop apps will approach them.

What services are you using?

Great to have the option of playing files from the computer!
I wish for the option to make a playlist.
As I understand it, you can't and you can't change around in the queue either...?
If I'm mistaken and anyone knows how to, please let me know :)

Just installed app v0.1.5 for Mac desktop (Intel version). The thing i do normally do with WiiM is take input from a Sirius satellite radio and output it via wifi to homepods throughout my house. This app does not have any features for that use case. At a minimum I need a device menu for audio input & output so that I can control which homepods I wish to send music to. I do understand that there may be a higher priority for developing mobile device apps.

Back