New WiiM Home App on Windows and MAC

Hi Team,

A revamped PC App is on the horizon, set to launch early next week. It includes enhanced local music library management, improved metadata, and new device settings. Stay tuned!
Hi Team, is this update available yet? I tried the download link for the Windows version but it seems not to work. Do I need to delete the current version of WiiM Home app first?

The link for the Windows app works now.

Also for macOS too, though I don't really see a ton of difference with the new app, what was added, Presets? Those are useful to me, but I'd really like to see all of my music sources made available through the desktop, so Qobuz, Radio Paradise, etc...

It's still "in beta" but the gear wheel next to the WiiM Pro device now allows various hardware settings. For me, audio input/output and other audio settings are nice additions (but no EQ yet, I think ...). I added Radio Paradise (edit: using the WHA version on my iPad) through the presets, not sure that works for other services (as I basically only play from my home server).

Would be great for an auto-update option when launching (I use the Mac version). I have to re-download the app in order to get the update (I didn't know it was updated until I read the above posts).

Yep, it was news to me, too. Hell, I skipped right by 1.4, lol! Getting better, for sure. Thanks WiiM support! 👍

I find LMS+Material skin more usable than the Windows App which is very slow to boot and respond. Can't really see myself using it other than to check out if it has improved yet.

I was excited to see that win app is available. The excitement did not last long...It promised to fix meta data but my entire collection is totally useless. All my rips were done using DB Poweramp and on Bluesound app I did not have a single duplicate or "unknown artist". I may be spoiled by Bluesound app because I was using it for 6-7 years and everything was working fine. With WiiM even streaming my own collection from the PC using my Motorola Power G is far from user friendly.
I would appreciate any suggestion what application/program would allow me to stream my collection from my PC with reasonable graphic presentation. I read a number of names Plex, Bubble, J River, Logitech, UpNup...I don't need any DSP functions or conversions, just a nice laid out list of my own music collection.
I like all the features of my WiiM Pro Plus except the app(s).

Last edited:
I was excited to see that win app is available. The excitement did not last long...It promised to fix meta data but my entire collection is totally useless. All my rips were done using DB Poweramp and on Bluesound app I did not have a single duplicate or "unknown artist". I may be spoiled by Bluesound app because I was using it for 6-7 years and even streaming my own collection from the PC using my Motorola Power G is far from user friendly.
I would appreciate any suggestion what application/program would allow me to stream my collection from my PC with reasonable graphic presentation. I read a number of names Plex, Bubble, J River, Logitech, UpNup...I don't need any DSP functions or conversions, just a nice laid out list of my own music collection.
I like all the features of my WiiM Pro Plus except the app(s).
Try LMS with Material skin
If your tags are correct it will produce exactly what you are looking for
Both the Pro and Pro Plus work perfectly as Squeezelite players

Try LMS with Material skin
If your tags are correct it will produce exactly what you are looking for
Both the Pro and Pro Plus work perfectly as Squeezelite players
Thank you very much! I guess LMS stands for Logitech Media Server.
My first streamer ever was Logitech Duet.
Thank you again!

Works like charm and looks very nice! I have yet to figure how to integrate Qobuz and I am all set up.
Thank you again d6jg!

I enabled the Qobuz plugin already but still don't know where to enter my log in.
I will have to do some more reading.
Thank you for your response Brantome!

I enabled the Qobuz plugin already but still don't know where to enter my log in.
I will have to do some more reading.
Thank you for your response Brantome!
If you’re using the Material interface, choose the three dot overflow settings menu in the top right hand corner, then Server and from dropdown that initially will show “Basic settings” choose Qobuz. The top of the resulting page should offer you the option to specify your Qobuz account info.
After that, Qobuz should appear in the main menu from where you can select the music you wish to play.

Thank you very much Brantome! I wouldn't find it on my own ever.
That is why they say that Old age is not for sissies!

Back