New WiiM Home App on Windows and MAC

I imagine it might be possible but I fear the Windows/Mac apps aren’t high priority.

I’m sure someone better informed might be able to tell you how you may be able to do it via the WiiM’s http api and perhaps set browser bookmarks to switch inputs/outputs.

@onlyoneme - would the above be possible?

I imagine it might be possible but I fear the Windows/Mac apps aren’t high priority.

I’m sure someone better informed might be able to tell you how you may be able to do it via the WiiM’s http api and perhaps set browser bookmarks to switch inputs/outputs.

@onlyoneme - would the above be possible?
Input switching for sure, but I do not recognize api support for switching outputs.

Resurrecting this thread, I have to admit it's not convenient to have to juggle through WHA on two separate devices simply to change/select different outputs. Even if we can't have everything in the PC version that is now standard in the iPad or Android apps, I would still like to see a few of the WiiM audio settings (switching inputs/outputs) accessible from the PC app. Is that not possible?

EDIT: An additional gripe about this is, after changing the output from my iPad, I still end up having to restart the PC WHA so that it will recognize the change and start playing my selection. Another, smaller gripe is the GUI: on my PC, it doesn't highlight the tune that's playing or, as others have mentioned, use icons to help distinguish folders from files. Just visually a rough finish that I would like to see polished.
Yes, it's a mess. I struggled with it , and now my connectivity is gone; after connecting the Mini it can't find my server.

I was able to install this on my Mac but I do not see any way to add my Tidal account. Is this for local music files only?

IMHO it would make more sense to use the iOS app on Mac (if it worked). It has all the features and universal binaries works quite well on Mac even if the UX is intended for different type of devices.

IMHO it would make more sense to use the iOS app on Mac (if it worked). It has all the features and universal binaries works quite well on Mac even if the UX is intended for different type of devices.
Yes an Apple even have a "porting" kit to allow say the iPad experience (from the iOS) app be immediately available as a Mac App. Basically open the IOS app in Xcode (the Apple developer toolkit) and target Mac and mostly it will map the IOS app over and suggest possible places where the developer can provide a more Mac experience. This of course would not help Windows users but for me its a "no brainer" for publishing something quickly on the MacApp store

I am running the Windows app on an Intel NUC Windows 11. After the interface briefly appears it is covered by a black screen indicating that the computer should be connected to the same wireless network as my Wiim devices. The computer is connected to the router using an ethernet cable, just like my WiiM Pro. Must I also connect wirelessly?

Note also that the forum does not permit uploading files with a "log" extension so I appended .txt to the file attached here

Attachments

• 0707212427.log.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 6
I am running the Windows app on an Intel NUC Windows 11. After the interface briefly appears it is covered by a black screen indicating that the computer should be connected to the same wireless network as my Wiim devices. The computer is connected to the router using an ethernet cable, just like my WiiM Pro. Must I also connect wirelessly?

Note also that the forum does not permit uploading files with a "log" extension so I appended .txt to the file attached here
I wouldn't have thought so - best submitting a ticket thru thé feedback section of the Wiim home app, attaching this info

Is that a full log?
All the logs on my PC starts similar and device detection entries are after "Start Media server" line, like below:

1688803357881.png

A suspicious line in your log is "Internet status: False". What about the firewall on your PC?

Any news on this being upgraded so that’s it’s the same as the iPhone app, and be able control the new PEQ functions?

That's the iOS app, which also works on MacOS. This thread is about the dedicated MacOS app, which had very limited functionality.
Sorry yes I understand but if people have a M1 / M2 Mac this App works perfectly - hence why I thought I should mention it

Sorry yes I understand but if people have a M1 / M2 Mac this App works perfectly - hence why I thought I should mention it

It was not a reply to your comment. I am using the iOS-app on MacOS and it works great, good to mention it.

I can't control streaming music from the windows app in the same way I can on Android app. Not sure if this is intended to be possible. I think it could be a useful app if it could play music from a drive library (as it can now) as well as control streaming music. It's just easier to navigate and control if you're working at your PC (rather than funbling with the smaller screen of your phone). It's just a larger/easier to use remote control effectively, if Wiim decide to make it possible. For me, this would definately be useful. (note: it doesn't provide much confidence when windows defender thinks it's a bad .exe file - the beta download file did this).

Back