Options for controlling LMS

@Balthazar B Yeah, there is an LMS plugin which makes it look like an UPNP server but it’s ten years old and unsupported, so arguably you could use the Wiim home app to access LMS over upnp but I’d put that in the “very bad idea” class ;)
If you want to use the Wiim home app as a control point, you wouldn’t set up LMS in my opinion, you’d use MinimServer or Asset UPNP.
The problem here is that two almost conflicting setups are being used together.
Yes, and IMHO LMS is the more functionally complete solution over UPNP for even humongous music libraries, and has other nice features. Material/LMS and WHA don't completely overlap, and they're also not mutually exclusive, so one is not constrained and forced to make a choice.

I've used LMS for over 20 years now and have five players for the system, including a Wiim Pro. I can control all of them using either the browser interface describe above (ipaddress:9000) using my desktop or laptop, or Material Skin using my phone. However, what I use about three-fourths of the time is the Squeeze Ctrl app on my Kindle Fire.

Thanks for your help.

I've entered the IPv4 address for the Wireless Lan Adaptor WiFi (see photo of ipconfig screen from my laptop) and can see Material Skin on my phone and select music etc (see screen image from my phone), everything seems to be working but no sound is coming from my system.

Have I used the correct IPv4 (I've tried the others and can't see Material Skin on my phone with them)?

PXL_20231031_100216427~2.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231031-103050.png
    Screenshot_20231031-103050.png
    793.1 KB · Views: 24
Your Ethernet settings are not correct - where is 192.168.168.160 coming from with no Gateway address ?
It should be in the same range as your WiFi i.e. 192.168.1.X with a Gateway of 192.168.1.254
Get this sorted first as it is bound to be causing part if not all of your issue.

What audio output have you chosen on your WiiM and have you done the sound test when setting your digital output/resolution?

Your Ethernet settings are not correct - where is 192.168.168.160 coming from with no Gateway address ?
It should be in the same range as your WiFi i.e. 192.168.1.X with a Gateway of 192.168.1.254
Get this sorted first as it is bound to be causing part if not all of your issue.

Sorry I don't understand this. What do I need to do in simple terms?

What audio output have you chosen on your WiiM and have you done the sound test when setting your digital output/resolution?

The audio output is optical.

Yes I have done the sound test when setting the WiiM Pro up. It is set to 24/192.

If I use the UPnp/DNLA bridge plug-in rather than Squeezlite I can hear the music on my laptop (which is FLAC).

The audio output is optical.

Yes I have done the sound test when setting the WiiM Pro up. It is set to 24/192.

If I use the UPnp/DNLA bridge plug-in rather than Squeezlite I can hear the music on my laptop (which is FLAC).
I’m confused with what you’re saying - if you are using the upnpbridge plugin, what are you choosing as your target speaker if the laptop is playing your music?

It might be useful if you posted a screenshot of your browser running LMS, perhaps with the player/speaker selection list open so we can see what players LMS is actually seeing.

I’m confused with what you’re saying - if you are using the upnpbridge plugin, what are you choosing as your target speaker if the laptop is playing your music?

It might be useful if you posted a screenshot of your browser running LMS, perhaps with the player/speaker selection list open so we can see what players LMS is actually seeing.

First things first. His networking is plain wrong.
Computer software is designed to use the fastest connection when more than one exists. In this case that will be the ethernet but it doesn't look like it goes anywhere.

Direct to router.
Ok. In which case the error is on your PC.

Assuming W10 - W11 is slightly different but only slightly.

Control Panel
Network & Sharing Centre
Change Adapter Settings
1698773285697.png
Right click on Ethernet (might be called something similar) and do Properties
1698773380833.png
Highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 and then click Properties
1698773446846.png

Select
Obtain an Ip address automatically
and
Obtain DNS server address automatically
1698773522165.png

Click OK
Click Close
Reboot PC and redo "ipconfig" - the Ethernet adpater should now be in the same range as WiFi AND should have a correct Gateway address

Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Hopefully this will resolve my issue.

Earlier in the thread someone suggested using a fixed IP address for LMS. Will doing the above achieve this?

Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Hopefully this will resolve my issue.

Earlier in the thread someone suggested using a fixed IP address for LMS. Will doing the above achieve this?
No.
After you have corrected this you can revisit setting a static IP. I can tell you how.
Tell me what ipconfig shows when you have reset the Ethernet

Ok. In which case the error is on your PC.

Assuming W10 - W11 is slightly different but only slightly.

Control Panel
Network & Sharing Centre
Change Adapter Settings
View attachment 3135
Right click on Ethernet (might be called something similar) and do Properties
View attachment 3136
Highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 and then click Properties
View attachment 3137

Select
Obtain an Ip address automatically
and
Obtain DNS server address automatically
View attachment 3138

Click OK
Click Close
Reboot PC and redo "ipconfig" - the Ethernet adpater should now be in the same range as WiFi AND should have a correct Gateway address

Thanks for helping me. Sorry for the delay, life got in the way.

I have followed your instructions to the letter and have attached a photo of the laptop ipconfig below.

I await your next instructions eagerly! 😆

Attachments

• PXL_20231102_102938282~2.jpg
    PXL_20231102_102938282~2.jpg
    667.5 KB · Views: 17

I have got rid of my old Squeezeboxes.

LMS only sees the WiiM Pro.

Thanks for helping me. Sorry for the delay, life got in the way.

I have followed your instructions to the letter and have attached a photo of the laptop ipconfig below.

I await your next instructions eagerly! 😆
What you picture now shows is that the Ethernet port on the laptop is not getting a valid IP from the DHCP server (router). Is it physically plugged in?

What you picture now shows is that the Ethernet port on the laptop is not getting a valid IP from the DHCP server (router). Is it physically plugged in?

Yes it is plugged in. I have just swapped the CAT6 cable for another and rerun ipconfig.

See photo attached.

Seems the cable was faulty.

Attachments

• PXL_20231102_110613206~2.jpg
    PXL_20231102_110613206~2.jpg
    524.9 KB · Views: 12
Back