Parametric EQ

Feature was "coming soon" last November, then it was on the roadmap for end of Feb, now it's not even on the roadmap for Wiim pro. Hopefully it will come very shortly, or perhaps the feature will quietly disappear from the product page to avoid false advertising. I hope its the former.

Feature was "coming soon" last November, then it was on the roadmap for end of Feb, now it's not even on the roadmap for Wiim pro. Hopefully it will come very shortly, or perhaps the feature will quietly disappear from the product page to avoid false advertising. I hope its the former.
May be like Spotify HD?

The Pro I just bought, shows the feature, but I have not attempted to try it, but if it doesn't work that's ok with me. There are many other ways to get there.

Dear @WiiM Support / @WiiM Team, could you please give an update on the promised implementation of PEQ? Some of us (especially Pro owners) are becoming a little frustrated since PEQ is no longer visible on the roadmap while still advertised as a feature on the official product page.. Just look at the many forum threads asking about this promised feature. Transparent communication about this (now delayed) feature should be your priority...

A diff parameter like a different standby time is not more complex code… just a new entry on an existing list. A PEQ is a far more complex code, which in addition will use significantly more operating resources.

Just a new entry without a related code change will have no effect.
I've noticed you don't need a PEQ but it's an important requirement for others.

There’s an EQ already. No need for a PEQ.
Sorry to say, @adias, but PEQ has been a promised feature from the start. It is also (still) a part of the official product page. So, of course, it is to be expected that we ask for the feature to be implemented. Many users bought the Wiim Pro partly due to the possibility of using PEQ, which might render a dedicated DSP device unnecessary. PEQ is far superior to GEQ and can do wonders for room compensation, especially in the bass region, which troubles many people in smaller apartments. Also, the PRO has more processing power than the mini, and it shouldn't really be a problem – you don't even have to engage the function.

A PEQ is a far more complex code, which in addition will use significantly more operating resources.
Some customers have purchased the product because this feature is advertised on the product page. Currently it is "false advertising" and whether you care about the feature or not or how complex it is to program is irrelevant.

I think if wiim would answer would give us the clarity on what we need to know such as the progress of the feature. If the feature is not ready they could atlist tell us like it won’t be ready till next year or the next 5 years then our question has been answered.

Some customers have purchased the product because this feature is advertised on the product page. Currently it is "false advertising" and whether you care about the feature or not or how complex it is to program is irrelevant.
I expressed my opinion and have no sway on what WiiM does. Having technology development experience I know there is a limit in ‘featuritis’ during product development.

I am a recording studio engineer and prefer a parametric eq.

Hopefully it will come soon.

More important for me is that the integrity of the signal doesn't get down sampled or mangled by the eq.

I am a recording studio engineer and prefer a parametric eq.

Hopefully it will come soon.

More important for me is that the integrity of the signal doesn't get down sampled or mangled by the eq.
That's the problem - the signal will be changed. One is much better to use an analog EQ post DAC.

Well a decent hardware one might run to £3k

So free software wins for me

Ironically I have about £30k worth of hardware eq next to my hifi right now and I hadn't thought of using it. 🥸

But it's not the mastering eq type I would want to use.

Attachments

• IMG_4805.jpeg
    IMG_4805.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 26
That's the problem - the signal will be changed. One is much better to use an analog EQ post DAC.
Show me an analog parametric eq that has even half of the features of a DSP peq. Even one with severely limited flexibility costs thousands of dollars. Inaudible changes don’t matter.

Well a decent hardware one might run to £3k

So free software wins for me

Ironically I have about £30k worth of hardware eq next to my hifi right now and I hadn't thought of using it. 🥸

But it's not the mastering eq type I would want to use.
The miniDSP Flex is outstanding, see audiosciencereview, and costs $500. Of course I would prefer to save that money, especially since the feature has been promised and to keep the number of connectors minimized.

Back