Playing local files or icloud in Wiim App iOS

Jan9

Hi!
When in the Wiim app, how do i go about accessing local files from the Files app on my iphone or files stored in my icloud. The only option i get is the local files im my music library. I don't use iOS Music so my music is not accessable trough the local files that shows up in the Wiim app.

I think that the app sandboxing that iOS does will prevent access other than thru recognised APIs such as thru iOS Music, unless WiiM can use a published interface for the Files app.

Are you sure you can't AirPlay them?
I have Foobar 2000 on my iPhone where the file store is sandboxed away from local music and I can send the audio via AirPlay (although it is not obvious how to do so it is possible).

Thanks for the reply.
For sure, i can use Airplay but then i will be limited to 16/44.1 playback. I would like to stream files with higher resolution and at the same time avoid the Music app as i find it a bit of a hassle to add files without importing them via a computer.

Perhaps there is a Wiim-compatible audioplayerapp that can make a library from my iOS files folder? I don't know

Thanks for the reply.
For sure, i can use Airplay but then i will be limited to 16/44.1 playback. I would like to stream files with higher resolution and at the same time avoid the Music app as i find it a bit of a hassle to add files without importing them via a computer.

Perhaps there is a Wiim-compatible audioplayerapp that can make a library from my iOS files folder? I don't know
Only other suggestion then is to keep the files on phone synced with a local server as you won’t be able to expose the file store on the phone to WiiM app.

Only other suggestion then is to keep the files on phone synced with a local server as you won’t be able to expose the file store on the phone to WiiM app.
If i was dependent on a NAS i guess that would be the way to go, I was hoping to avoid setting up any dedicated hardware i have kinda moved along from that, i had a dedicated mac for music almost two decades ago streaming to Airport express controlling it with a Sony ericsson phone. That was pretty bad ass back then, there was no such thing as streaming services. As for now i think more links in the chain, more stuff to maintain and that can screw things up, i really do not want to worry that my server can break down. So keeping it simple would be sweet.

If i was dependent on a NAS i guess that would be the way to go, I was hoping to avoid setting up any dedicated hardware i have kinda moved along from that, i had a dedicated mac for music almost two decades ago streaming to Airport express controlling it with a Sony ericsson phone. That was pretty bad ass back then, there was no such thing as streaming services. As for now i think more links in the chain, more stuff to maintain and that can screw things up, i really do not want to worry that my server can break down. So keeping it simple would be sweet.
Playing files from cloud services like iCloud is mentioned in the WiiM roadmap, but with no timescales for availability

Back