Maxium 24bit/192khz or 24bit/96khz

Could you possibly use another app, such as bubbleupnp for android?
You'd each put your own tidal logon details into that, and can play local music too to the wiim.
Also, imo, the bubbleupnp tidal interface is better (more mature) than wiim's.
Better playlist management etc. too.
Thanks Mr. Ee, Bubbleupnp works well, do you have some settings tips for me?, you can set a lot with this app, I would like to get the maximum quality out of it. I definitely want the HiRes audio files to come out lossless

Thanks Mr. Ee, Bubbleupnp works well, do you have some settings tips for me?, you can set a lot with this app, I would like to get the maximum quality out of it. I definitely want the HiRes audio files to come out lossless
There are indeed a lot of settings!

You'll probably just need to spend some time going through all the menus, but one to start with:

Settings (cog icon), local and cloud, tidal, set options in there. Which you may have already, having logged in.
Also, if you have enabled chromecast on your wiim you'll note it appears twice in the renderer list.
One is upnp, one is chromecast.
The icon that looks like a speaker is chromecast, which you can confirm by pressing the 3 dot menu next to it and seeing the chromecast transcoding option.
Use the upnp one.

Back