Maxium 24bit/192khz or 24bit/96khz

Ah, ok. The drama with Qobuz Connect. Any news known on this issue?
Nah, the main source of info for Qobuz Connect was on the audiophilestyle forum but after being pressured for an update, the Qobuz project manager didn’t react well and said he’d no longer provide any update until Qobuz actually announced it. So if anything we know less than we did before. It was also removed from the WiiM roadmap around the same time and their NDA with Qobuz doesn’t allow them to elaborate further.

Hi,

I am very satisfied with my WiiM Pro, high resolution audio tracks work perfectly on this device, much better than via DTS Play-Fi.

Now another question:
For my wife it is better to play all her music (local and TIDAL) via the WiiM app, we now use TIDAL as a music service. As I can see, it is only possible to select 1 account at a time in the WiiM app, right?
Now we always have to switch between the two of us, I know it can also be done via the TIDAL app itself, but it would have been nice if you could select multiple music service accounts in the WiiM app.

Hi,

I am very satisfied with my WiiM Pro, high resolution audio tracks work perfectly on this device, much better than via DTS Play-Fi.

Now another question:
For my wife it is better to play all her music (local and TIDAL) via the WiiM app, we now use TIDAL as a music service. As I can see, it is only possible to select 1 account at a time in the WiiM app, right?
Now we always have to switch between the two of us, I know it can also be done via the TIDAL app itself, but it would have been nice if you could select multiple music service accounts in the WiiM app.
If your wife installs the WiiM Home app on her phone or tablet, can she login to her Tidal account that way and use the Pro?

If your wife installs the WiiM Home app on her phone or tablet, can she login to her Tidal account that way and use the Pro?
We have both installed the Tidal app and the WiiM app. When I go to my WiiM app and use my Tidal account, this also happens in my wife's WiiM app Tidal account. My wife then sees my account there

Thanks, in that case it looks like it’s tying it to the device rather than the app which surprises me a little. I’d suggest you raise a feature request ticket to WiiM thru the settings/ feedback section in the app.

Thanks, in that case it looks like it’s tying it to the device rather than the app which surprises me a little. I’d suggest you raise a feature request ticket to WiiM thru the settings/ feedback section in the app.
Thanks, I will do that.

Surprised that the account logons are per wiim device rather than per controller device?
I'd have been surprised if it had been the other way around!
After all, surely it is the wiim device itself that's communicating with these music services, not the wiim app.

We have both installed the Tidal app and the WiiM app. When I go to my WiiM app and use my Tidal account, this also happens in my wife's WiiM app Tidal account. My wife then sees my account there
Could you possibly use another app, such as bubbleupnp for android?
You'd each put your own tidal logon details into that, and can play local music too to the wiim.
Also, imo, the bubbleupnp tidal interface is better (more mature) than wiim's.
Better playlist management etc. too.

After all, surely it is the wiim device itself that's communicating with these music services, not the wiim app.
Yes, but it should be the WiiM Home App telling the WiiM device what to do, not the other way around, so I am surprised as well.

Yes, but it should be the WiiM Home App telling the WiiM device what to do, not the other way around, so I am surprised as well.
Thinking about it again, @Mr Ee ‘s suggestion is the more logical as it’s the WiiM device that’s logged in and authorised to play the music, not the WiiM app itself. In my defence, I’d only just woken up 😜😂

How many WiiM devices can you control from one app? ;)

Wondering how the GUI would reflect different Tidal accounts set up in different WiiM devices then ...

Well, as I was typing my bubble reply I was wondering how having the tidal logon details registered in that app worked, i.e. how were they passed on to the wiim? And maybe the wiim app did behave similarly.
Although I do recall there being some toing and froing in the bubble release notes about forcing proxying tidal.

So, I'll just go with the majority view here. Doesn't matter to me as I'm the only one in the household using tidal!

Wondering how the GUI would reflect different Tidal accounts set up in different WiiM devices then ...
Again backing up @Mr EE’s logic, what you see on the Browse page in the app reflects what WiiM device you’re connected to - for example, for a WiiM Pro I’ll see Roon, but for a Mini I won’t.

Actually, I'm 99% sure that I have needed to enter my tidal details in the wiim app for each wiim I own, not just once.

Last edited:
Actually, I'm 99% sure that I have needed to enter my tidal details in the wiim app for each wiim I own, not just once.
Now, you just need to create a second Tidal account and you will be the perfect tester for how it all behaves. :D

Could you possibly use another app, such as bubbleupnp for android?
You'd each put your own tidal logon details into that, and can play local music too to the wiim.
Also, imo, the bubbleupnp tidal interface is better (more mature) than wiim's.
Better playlist management etc. too.
I would try this app, thanks. But for my wife is bubbleupnp not possible, she has a iPhone.

I would try this app, thanks. But for my wife is bubbleupnp not possible, she has a iPhone.
Exact the opposite here ;-)
My wife has an iPhone and a Samsung tablet, I an iPad and a Samsung phone. She is quite happy with mconnectHD.

Back