Maxium 24bit/192khz or 24bit/96khz

I wouldn't necessarily trust what the Qobuz app says it is streaming, but this ...
My amp/DAC showed it was indeed receiving 24/192.
... sounds convincing, indeed. So, Wikipedia seems to be incorrect.

I might be able to test for myself after 10th April with (non-MQA?) TIDAL HiRes streams to my WiiM Amp and to my Lyngdorf.

Hi guys,
I just received a message from Wiim Support with my question, can Chromecast handle 24bit/192khz audio files?: "Thank you for reaching out to us.
Chromecast audio is fully equipped to process files of 24bit/192kHz, ensuring you get the best audio experience possible.
Best regards,
WiiM support"

So this is good news.

Hi guys,
I just received a message from Wiim Support with my question, can Chromecast handle 24bit/192khz audio files?: "Thank you for reaching out to us.
Chromecast audio is fully equipped to process files of 24bit/192kHz, ensuring you get the best audio experience possible.
Best regards,
WiiM support"

So this is good news.
Would I lie to you? ;) :D

Hi guys,
Best regards,
WiiM support"

So this is good news.
Except that chromecast (generally) isn't gapless, so not quite as good as it could be :ROFLMAO:
But yes, nice to have additional confirmation (as if @Brantome's proof wasn't good enough).

Hi guys,
Can anyone tell me if you can play CD quality via Apple Music App (Airplay 2)? I have read that it is not CD quality, but unfortunately it delivers AAC, is this correct? no solution to deliver CD quality via the Wiim Pro device?
I want to switch from spotify to Apple music or Tidal.
Thanks.

Hi guys,
Can anyone tell me if you can play CD quality via Apple Music App (Airplay 2)? I have read that it is not CD quality, but unfortunately it delivers AAC, is this correct? no solution to deliver CD quality via the Wiim Pro device?
I want to switch from spotify to Apple music or Tidal.
Thanks.
Yeah, it’s been discussed often in the forum - Apple Music and Airplay 2 only delivers lossy AAC except in a very specific case using a Mac. I’ve lost count (although I’m sure someone will count them for me ;) ) that I’ve posted this link…

Yeah, it’s been discussed often in the forum - Apple Music and Airplay 2 only delivers lossy AAC except in a very specific case using a Mac. I’ve lost count (although I’m sure someone will count them for me ;) ) that I’ve posted this link…

So then is only Tidal that delivered cd quality, do you use this music platform?

So then is only Tidal that delivered cd quality, do you use this music platform?
I don’t use Tidal, but if you use Tidal Connect from your phone’s Tidal app rather than Airplay, you’ll get the full resolution of its FLAC files up to 24/192 to your WiiM device, and the first unfold of MQA files up to 96kHz.

If you use the WiiM Home app, you’ll get the same for Tidal, as well as CD quality for Deezer, or up to 24/192 using Qobuz and Amazon Music if they are available in your region.

I don’t use Tidal, but if you use Tidal Connect from your phone’s Tidal app rather than Airplay, you’ll get the full resolution of its FLAC files up to 24/192 to your WiiM device, and the first unfold of MQA files up to 96kHz.

If you use the WiiM Home app, you’ll get the same for Tidal, as well as CD quality for Deezer, or up to 24/192 using Qobuz and Amazon Music if they are available in your region.
Sorry Brantome, but what do you mean with "and the first unfold of MQA files up to 96kHz."?

Amazon Unlimited limited Chromecast Audio to 24/48 IRL. Pretty disappointed with this silly rivalry.

Sorry Brantome, but what do you mean with "and the first unfold of MQA files up to 96kHz."?
Tidal MQA tracks ideally need an MQA compatible DAC which “unfolds” the compressed file in two or three steps into files with a resolution of I think 192kHz or even more in a process they called “audio origami” (!) (I’m not a Tidal user to can’t recall the different stages). The WiiM devices can only do the first of these unfolds to 96kHz and if you have an external MQA DAC it can complete the job.

There was never such variety for choosing a streaming services which offer HiRes. Amazon HD for 9 €, Tidal inert the next few days for 10 € and Qobuz for 12 €. Amazon and Tidal by connect in full resolution. Qobuz integrated in the WiiM app. May be one can explain me the reasons for using "gapfull" Chromecast.

Amazon Unlimited limited Chromecast Audio to 24/48 IRL. Pretty disappointed with this silly rivalry.
I think it’s only 16/44.1 which Amazon terms HD. I have my suspicions that Amazon’s own kit only supports up to 24/48 when alexacasting which they can conveniently call UHD. Same for their multi room music.

Tidal MQA tracks ideally need an MQA compatible DAC which “unfolds” the compressed file in two or three steps into files with a resolution of I think 192kHz or even more in a process they called “audio origami” (!) (I’m not a Tidal user to can’t recall the different stages). The WiiM devices can only do the first of these unfolds to 96kHz and if you have an external MQA DAC it can complete the job.
thanks, it's clear now

There was never such variety for choosing a streaming services which offer HiRes. Amazon HD for 9 €, Tidal inert the next few days for 10 € and Qobuz for 12 €. Amazon and Tidal by connect in full resolution. Qobuz integrated in the WiiM app. May be one can explain me the reasons for using "gapfull" Chromecast.
Full access to the features of the Qobuz app up to 24/96. And for those of us who don’t care for Pink Floyd and simialr gapless albums, it doesn’t matter 😂🤣

Full access to the features of the Qobuz app up to 24/96. And for those of us who don’t care for Pink Floyd and simialr gapless albums, it doesn’t matter 😂🤣
Ah, ok. The drama with Qobuz Connect. Any news known on this issue?

Back