Premium tier Wiim device.

g3rain1

I'd like something with more premium features than are on current devices, such as USB or I2s outputs, high resolution clocks or external clock input, display on device, support for Dirac or other digital room correction options.

Honestly I do not understand why people expect Linkplay to join "premium audiophile" branch of products with the WiiM brand. There was a niche for reasonably priced well designed products but in case of "audiophile" ones... it's a crowded place of overpriced and overrated devices already.

Maybe they can do an only-steamer device with an LCD screen, like the Eversolo DMP A6 but without DAC inside to keep it cheap, so it only steams the tracks and send the data to an external DAC of OUR choice.

I'd like to see a slot somewhere for a SSD, like the EverSolo has on the bottom. And I'm happy to already see movement towards better AKM dac's.

My vote for A WiiM Pro with usb-c out, no display, no internal DAC. Toslink in. Support for casting all services. Current app support. Pretty basic functional audio streamer.

My vote for A WiiM Pro with usb-c out, no display, no internal DAC. Toslink in. Support for casting all services. Current app support. Pretty basic functional audio streamer.
Also a decent L.P.S. and clock.

hi, I ask the Wiim team when the wiim Ultimate without DAC and with USB/i2S/hdmi outputs is expected to be marketed. Would it be possible to have some rumors? Thank you very much

HoloAudio, makers of the May DAC, has their streamer the HoloAudio Red with a lot of these features already. It's only $800. Wiim could probably match it's feature set for half that price and it would have better software too.

The Pro sells for $149. A version of that with a USB-port and no DAC inside should sell for $90 like the Mini costs.

hi, I ask the Wiim team when the wiim Ultimate without DAC and with USB/i2S/hdmi outputs is expected to be marketed. Thank you very much

The Pro sells for $149. A version of that with a USB-port and no DAC inside should sell for $90 like the Mini costs.
ah no...!!!
such an "audiophile for tattooed audiophile" product, no dac etc, will be much more expensive than a pro plus!!
(a small audiophile quartz for a few euros and zouuuuu)
otherwise it will be not credible....!
it's wiim who will be damn content... a good deal the audiophile!:love:

Last edited:
Respectable Wiim team, can we expect a new streamer by the end of the year?
Thank you very much

Respectable Wiim team, can we expect a new streamer by the end of the year?
Thank you very much
I'd imagine that with the wiim pro plus still being unavailable in parts of the world and the wiim amp coming out shortly before xmas that there wouldn't be a new streamer too.

Thank you for the reply but I would like to have a reply from wiim if possible

Back