Premium tier Wiim device.

g3rain1

I'd like something with more premium features than are on current devices, such as USB or I2s outputs, high resolution clocks or external clock input, display on device, support for Dirac or other digital room correction options.

Thank you for the reply but I would like to have a reply from wiim if possible
In that case, raise a feature request ticket in the WiiM Home app - as this is primarily a community forum, WiiM don’t necessarily read every post.

For what it’s worth, I entirely agree with @Mr Ee

In that case, raise a feature request ticket in the WiiM Home app - as this is primarily a community forum, WiiM don’t necessarily read every post.

For what it’s worth, I entirely agree with @Mr Ee
thanks, I no longer have the app but I think wiim can kindly reply here.
I would add that in my humble opinion, now that the various manufacturers have revealed their proposals, Wiim can offer a premium product at reasonable prices and gain a large share of the market

thanks, I no longer have the app but I think wiim can kindly reply here.
I would add that in my humble opinion, now that the various manufacturers have revealed their proposals, Wiim can offer a premium product at reasonable prices and gain a large share of the market
As I say, by not raising a ticket, you’re lessening the chance of WiiM reading this. Can’t you re install the app?

Going by their past development plans and delivery to market, there’s not enough time left in 2023 for them to design, develop, produce and bring to market a new product. The WiiM Amp is likely to be their main focus from November onwards into 2024, so I’d expect we’ll not see anything new till the end of Q1 24.

Still no news about if/when Wiim will release the "Wiim Ultimate"? Built in LPSU like the Holo Red would be nice but
external PSU will also be OK. What we desperately would like to see is a Wiim without internal DAC and instead an USB output to external DAC
i2s/HDMI would be nice but not that many DACs support i2s while 90% of the DACs support USB and most often sound better over USB then over COAX/Toslink.

From a marketing perspective naming something as Ultimate is like telling that you have reached the pinnacle of what you can do. Instead there should be continuity because this is how life works and how business works.

Still no news about if/when Wiim will release the "Wiim Ultimate"? Built in LPSU like the Holo Red would be nice but
external PSU will also be OK. What we desperately would like to see is a Wiim without internal DAC and instead an USB output to external DAC
i2s/HDMI would be nice but not that many DACs support i2s while 90% of the DACs support USB and most often sound better over USB then over COAX/Toslink.
90%? hihi
90% of very recent Chinese dacs smsl topping saba perhaps but on the scale of dacs present "in homes" certainly not...
;-)))

90%? hihi
90% of very recent Chinese dacs smsl topping saba perhaps but on the scale of dacs present "in homes" certainly not...
;-)))
I have at least 4 DACs (Nuprime DAC 9, Topping E50, Atom DAC+, Rotel Michi P5 Built-in) and 100% of them have USB ;-)

From a marketing perspective naming something as Ultimate is like telling that you have reached the pinnacle of what you can do. Instead there should be continuity because this is how life works and how business works.
I have not started calling it "Ultimate" this product name I believe started as a joke and some of us now refer to it as a project name for a Wiim streamer without a DAC and a USB output

AWESOME!!!

I have at least 4 DACs (Nuprime DAC 9, Topping E50, Atom DAC+, Rotel Michi P5 Built-in) and 100% of them have USB ;-)
and me none of them...conclusion...the proof that the earth is flat!
;-)

you can on the other hand specify that a large number of very recent DACs are equipped with it (funny when we know that until recently, in audiophile circles mdg hdg the usb was "mocked" subjective result side, see..again*)..
but don't worry if we can't necessarily know the functionalities that will be present..usb will be there hallelujah!
;-)
* perhaps you should experiment with it, trying to put the preconceptions, mantra, dogmas, aside... out of curiosity...
a small dose of subjectivity... :oops:
but we promise we won't report you!!!!
;-)

Last edited:
and me none of them...conclusion...the proof that the earth is flat!
;-)

you can on the other hand specify that a large number of very recent DACs are equipped with it (funny when we know that until recently, in audiophile circles mdg hdg the usb was "mocked" subjective result side, see..again*)..
but don't worry if we can't necessarily know the functionalities that will be present..usb will be there hallelujah!
;-)
* perhaps you should experiment with it, trying to put the preconceptions, mantra, dogmas, aside... out of curiosity...
a small dose of subjectivity... :oops:
but we promise we won't report you!!!!
;-)
I have experimented using the USB out from a Bluesound Node and compared it to both the COAX out from the Node and also my Wiim Pro COAX out and the USB output sounded the best on all my DACs. I had some issues with Topping and MQA on the USB out though.
So if I already have a Node with USB out, why am I so hungry for another streamer with USB out? Grass is greener on the other side maybe?

I have experimented using the USB out from a Bluesound Node and compared it to both the COAX out from the Node and also my Wiim Pro COAX out and the USB output sounded the best on all my DACs. I had some issues with Topping and MQA on the USB out though.
So if I already have a Node with USB out, why am I so hungry for another streamer with USB out? Grass is greener on the other side maybe?
my point is just to remain curious..on a case by case basis..and on principle.., but as already said, the request for usb was of course heard...and will be there in the future...
;-)

This guy says the digital out is on par with eversolo dmp a6 and the same with ifi zen stream quality wise if you dig in the comment section .

Back