Problem with upnp

@Brantome , given you seem to have a hotline to @WiiM Support it might be worth you replicating the bug they introduced in the WHA a couple of releases ago.
If an album has disc subtitles MinimServer displays that title in the track listing (some control points can use it to play a subset of tracks from an album), and the existence of this in the xml causes the WHA to crash.
I think this functionality is only available with a MinimServer license, if you have one the easiest way to replicate it (without having to modify tags) is by setting 'serverOptions: showAllDiscs=true', this tells MinimServer to label each disc for multi-disc albums. After a restart, simply browse to a multi-disc album and you should see it crash. I'm hoping that if you subsequently send feedback it'll include any crash dumps.

If you don't have a MinimServer license then I guess we'll wait to see what happens once they fix the track ordering problem again, as this may go away at that point.

Thanks

Well, if submitting a fair number of tickets gets you a hotline, then that must be it ;)

I’ve had a Minimserver/Minimstreamer licence for a long time, so I’ll give it a go, although might it depend on how I’ve previously ripped the discs? I’ll need to have a look at some multi disc albums and see what sort of structure they are, whether it’s just separate folders or having tags of the type 1/2, 2/2 etc.

I’ll try and have a bash at it sometime today

@Brantome , given you seem to have a hotline to @WiiM Support it might be worth you replicating the bug they introduced in the WHA a couple of releases ago.
If an album has disc subtitles MinimServer displays that title in the track listing (some control points can use it to play a subset of tracks from an album), and the existence of this in the xml causes the WHA to crash.
I think this functionality is only available with a MinimServer license, if you have one the easiest way to replicate it (without having to modify tags) is by setting 'serverOptions: showAllDiscs=true', this tells MinimServer to label each disc for multi-disc albums. After a restart, simply browse to a multi-disc album and you should see it crash. I'm hoping that if you subsequently send feedback it'll include any crash dumps.

If you don't have a MinimServer license then I guess we'll wait to see what happens once they fix the track ordering problem again, as this may go away at that point.

Thanks
Hi Brantome, Simbun

Sorry for the wrong information given. After checking with our Eng. team, the fix for the MIME type hasn't been included in the last release. If you're interested, we can whitelist your devices shortly for this fix. Thank you again for your help on this issue. I hope we'll resolve these issues soon and will keep an eye on all the UPnP issues reported in this thread. Thank you!

Well, if submitting a fair number of tickets gets you a hotline, then that must be it ;)

I’ve had a Minimserver/Minimstreamer licence for a long time, so I’ll give it a go, although might it depend on how I’ve previously ripped the discs? I’ll need to have a look at some multi disc albums and see what sort of structure they are, whether it’s just separate folders or having tags of the type 1/2, 2/2 etc.

I’ll try and have a bash at it sometime today
I think unless you've gone out of your way to treat each disc of an album as a separate entity (so in Album view you have 'Album 1 - Disc 1', 'Album 1 - Disc 2' e.t.c. then you'll just need to make the settings change, although if I can get the firmware update I'll obviously be able to test it myself.

Hi Brantome, Simbun

Sorry for the wrong information given. After checking with our Eng. team, the fix for the MIME type hasn't been included in the last release. If you're interested, we can whitelist your devices shortly for this fix. Thank you again for your help on this issue. I hope we'll resolve these issues soon and will keep an eye on all the UPnP issues reported in this thread. Thank you!
I'd be very happy to test it!

I think unless you've gone out of your way to treat each disc of an album as a separate entity (so in Album view you have 'Album 1 - Disc 1', 'Album 1 - Disc 2' e.t.c. then you'll just need to make the settings change, although if I can get the firmware update I'll obviously be able to test it myself.
Hi, seems to be an android app problem - fine on iOS as far as I can see. I used Springsteen’s live at Hammersmith double CD with the Minimserver setting as you described, and can navigate to my heart’s content on the iOS WiiM Home app, but trying to get to the same screens on the android app crashes. Submitted ticket #11097

Hi, seems to be an android app problem - fine on iOS as far as I can see. I used Springsteen’s live at Hammersmith double CD with the Minimserver setting as you described, and can navigate to my heart’s content on the iOS WiiM Home app, but trying to get to the same screens on the android app crashes. Submitted ticket #11097
Thanks, Brantome. I'll ask our team to take a look at this as soon as possible.

@WiiM Support,

If it helps, the multi-disc track ordering was fixed (it should be presented in the order its sent by the music server) around 26/04/2003 (2.4.3?), and then it was broken again in 2.4.5.230406, which is where the disc subtitle bug was introduced.
I'm not 100% sure of the version numbers because the WHA release notes aren't complete in the Help Center.

Back