Problem with upnp

For the above test I assumed you could browse by folder but there doesn't appear to be one, so I guess you'll need to find the renamed file through album view I guess.

For the above test I assumed you could browse by folder but there doesn't appear to be one, so I guess you'll need to find the renamed file through album view I guess.
I don't have scan music library in Libreelec,i enter with video library and then browse to folder,i try to scan music library to see if that will fix the problem but it doesn't so i cleaned the music library and i use always with video library to browse to folders.Now i will try to rename the file to see what happens.

Actually, why don't you try removing the spaces in a filename. If I change my file from "01.01.flac" to "01. 01.flac" then it fails to play. I do see the Green play button but it just seems to skip through them.

Just make them as plain boring ascii with no spaces e.g. abcdefg.flac e.t.c
This is messed up!

Last edited:
Actually, why don't you try removing the spaces in a filename. If I change my file from "01.01.flac" to "01. 01.flac" then it fails to play. I do see the Green play button but it just seems to skip through them.

Just make them as plain boring ascii with no spaces e.g. abcdefg.flac e.t.c
This is messed up!
:) Work with no spaces, 👍 but what now? :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-16-21-39-25-685_com.linkplay.wiimhome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-16-21-39-25-685_com.linkplay.wiimhome.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 2
Thank you for your patience Simbun,now when you find a problem maybe Wiim or from my side i can fix something,Thanks again!👍

Well, erm, rename all your files :)

For file "01. 04.flac"
MinimServer encodes the name as "01.*2004.flac"
Libreelec encodes the name as "01.%252004.flac"

It looks like WiiM doesn't like the second variant, but I don't really know enough about it to say if one is right or wrong, or whether WiiM should be able to handle both.

Essentially we've identified a scenario (there are probably many more) that WiiM could replicate their end to fix i.e. a file with spaces served by Libreelec e.g. "01. 01.flac".
I guess you raise a ticket with WiiM and maybe bring it up in the Libreelec/KODI forum to see what they say. Are they responsive?

Obviously you could change server completely, but given the bug I found and now this one you'd have to test them thoroughly first!

I'd be quite surprised if the wiim couldn't handle spaces in a file name. Many, many songs have more than one word titles!
Maybe it's having a space after a .
The example filename above was
01. Genetic Walk.mp3
What about trying
01 Genetic Walk.mp3

I'd be quite surprised it the wiim couldn't handle spaces in a file name. Many, many songs have more than one word titles!
Maybe it's having a space after a .
The example filename above was
01. Genetic Walk.mp3
What about trying
01 Genetic Walk.mp3
There's bound to be nuances to it but I think it's the way Libreelec is encoding the space, it seems to be double encoding, which is why %20 (a space) is going to %25 (a %) plus 20. It may well also be if it's only after a dot, but then where do you stop looking, we've already got an example for them to look at, hopefully they won't just fix it for files that look like NN. NN.flac :)

Other servers obsfucate the actual filename. AssetUPnP for example has a hash like string which seems to work for everything so wouldn't have this problem, MinimServer uses *20, others probably correctly use %20 e.t.c.

I've just checked one example and if it doesn't have a dot before the space it's fine, so it's ".%2520" for Libreelec (of course it could be other characters too), and something else completely for MinimServer.
Not feeling too comfortable about WiiM right now, but at least we're beginning to understand the limitations...

There's bound to be nuances to it but I think it's the way Libreelec is encoding the space, it seems to be double encoding, which is why %20 (a space) is going to %25 (a %) plus 20. It may well also be if it's only after a dot, but then where do you stop looking, we've already got an example for them to look at, hopefully they won't just fix it for files that look like NN. NN.flac :)

Other servers obsfucate the actual filename. AssetUPnP for example has a hash like string which seems to work for everything so wouldn't have this problem, MinimServer uses *20, others probably correctly use %20 e.t.c.
Sure, I was just thinking that a bulk rename to remove dots from within filenames would be easy and still leave readable file names.

Sure, I was just thinking that a bulk rename to remove dots from within filenames would be easy and still leave readable file names.
If feels such a cop out though :)
I'm currently transcoding all my files to work around a WiiM bug hoping they'll fix it (I'm a little OCD about these things).

I tested now with lot of combination but in my case work just if i remove the spaces,no space no problem,i check a lot of albums to find a song with no spaces,and i found couple songs with numbers and dots with only one name but with no spaces, and play only that song from all album with no problem. Defenetly space is problem with my server.

I tested now with lot of combination but in my case work just if i remove the spaces,no space no problem,i check a lot of albums to find a song with no spaces,and i found couple songs with numbers and dots with only one name but with no spaces, and play only that song from all album with no problem. Defenetly space is problem with my server.
I've just retested and I think it is all spaces, not sure what I tested above when I said it worked with a space as long as it wasn't after a period, probably got the wrong ssh window as flipping between KODI, LibreELEC, WiiM and BubbleUPnP.

KODI on Windows is exhibiting the same behaviour so it's not just LibreELEC on Linux. Must be down to the %2520 in the url.

So either:
  • KODI hashes the filename for UPnP (won't happen)
  • WiiM fixes the bug when receiving filenames with spaces in from KODI and downstream
  • Everyone removes all the spaces from their filenames!
  • Move to another server
At least now you know though, and it only took you 5 years ;)

In another thread someone else discovered that WiiM can’t deal with file names containing a dot and space.

At least now you know though, and it only took you 5 years ;)
Hahahahah...:) ,I think it's correct Wiim to fix this because when another brand streamer don't have this problem for sure Wiim can handle this especially now when they have on the plate.Maybe if they fix it they will spread the fix to another brands that use linkplay modul,Arylic,Ayino,wr320...

In another thread someone else discovered that WiiM can’t deal with file names containing a dot and space.
It was similar but much more convoluted. If there's a dot in the filename (in addition to the dot before the file extension) and there are fewer than 4 characters between it and the final dot then WiiM fails with a MIME type error, UNLESS there's a space in those characters then it's fine! And only through a third party app as through the WiiM app it was fine!

It's starting to feel like a house of cards!

Back