Problems streaming playlists from Amazon HD

media room

When I try to stream playlists from Amazon music HD, my mini will only stream the first few songs from the list. Is there a solution?

I no longer have Amazon so can't comment on the issue itself, but for clarity, how are you streaming?
From within the wiim app? If so, do you have the same issue casting from the Amazon app?

I am casting from the Amazon app. Just got it today and it's not exactly straight forward. What did you swap to?

Wondering what you mean by not straightforward...

Also checking - are you using alexacast?
There is an amazon setup guide somewhere, but essentially:
'register' the wiim with amazon, in the wiim home app. Browse menu, music services, amazon alexa.
Then, still in wiim app, go to the Device menu, click the cog (settings), then toggle on hd/uhd within the amazon alexa settings menu.
You should then see the mini as a 'round' cast icon in the amazon app.

Why did I stop using amazon? Well, there were just some app design choices that niggled me so much I stopped using it!
I currently use Tidal. So far, for me, it's the least objectionable experience.

Well I also have a Spotify account. It works flawlessly lol. Took less than 5 minutes to get it up and running.

Not really but I now know it can stream playlists properly from the Wiim app and Spotify app while doing neither with Amazon Music HD.

That seems strange.
Wiim have previously confirmed that there's no difference between using the wiim app or alexacast from amazon app.
If you start casting from amazon app using alexacast then you should be able to turn off your phone/tablet and it would continue to play, and you should be able to control it from the wiim app instead (or as well, if you leave the phone on).
I'm sure I've had it working like that before, but I never had a playlist stop after just a few songs.

It doesn't stop. So the playlists are all in alphabetical order by artist. When using Amazon either directly on the Wiim app or casting from the Amazon app it will only play like the ones the start with the letters a- c. Spotify playlists work either way as they should. I am going to do some research h tomorrow.....or try Tidal 😆

No worries. Some more people will wake up soon (they know who they are!), and I'm sure they'll have some words of wisdom to impart.

Do you have any echo devices you can try casting to from the amazon music app to see if you get the same issue there which would then point to a bug in the amazon music app? If you try just playing the playlists in the amazon music app, do you get the issue or is it just when you cast to your WiiM device? Also, for clarity, which amazon music services are you using - free, Prime or Unlimited?

Not really but I now know it can stream playlists properly from the Wiim app and Spotify app while doing neither with Amazon Music HD.
Don’t know what you mean by streaming Spotify playlists from the WiiM app, all it does is open the Spotify so that’s exactly the same as you opening and using the Spotify app…

Do you have any echo devices you can try casting to from the amazon music app to see if you get the same issue there which would then point to a bug in the amazon music app? If you try just playing the playlists in the amazon music app, do you get the issue or is it just when you cast to your WiiM device? Also, for clarity, which amazon music services are you using - free, Prime or Unlimited?
It works fine just using Amazon Music Unlimited only. The problem is only when using the Wiim Mini.

Don’t know what you mean by streaming Spotify playlists from the WiiM app, all it does is open the Spotify so that’s exactly the same as you opening and using the Spotify app…
So it doesn't matter what I mean as it works as it should unlike Amazon Unlimited. I am a newbie so please forgive me for explaining something wrong.

It works fine just using Amazon Music Unlimited only. The problem is only when using the Wiim Mini.
So you can use the Amazon Music app and cast to the Wiim Mini as described above using AlexaCast, but it’s not working when you use the WiiM home app and choose Amazon music there?

So you can use the Amazon Music app and cast to the Wiim Mini as described above using AlexaCast, but it’s not working when you use the WiiM home app and choose Amazon music there?
No. I can just use it not involving the mini at all. Any way I use it with the mini it will only play the first few tracks in any playlist I try. If I just play from songs it will work correctly but not from playlists.

No. I can just use it not involving the mini at all. Any way I use it with the mini it will only play the first few tracks in any playlist I try. If I just play from songs it will work correctly but not from playlists.
Thanks. In that case, I guess your best recourse is to submit a ticket using the feedback section in the WiiM Home app to allow WiiM to investigate your device logs and hopefully find a solution.

In the meantime, you may wish to try rebooting your router and rebooting the WiiM Mini from its settings in the WiiM Home app, and possibly deleting and reinstalling the Amazon Music app (if you have any downloaded tracks, you'll need to re download after doing that, so if that's going to be an issue, you might want to leave the app as it is and maybe try from another phone/tablet)

Back