Workaround for no shuffle play Amazon HD preset?

NordicNorm

Is there a workaround for the missing shuffle playback mode of Wiim presets of Amazon Unltd. HD playlists (which appear only alphanumeric sort)?

I know I could cast from Amazon but I don't want to lose the UHD that entails.

TIA

You can cast from the Amazon app to your Wiim device using Alexa Cast in full resolution up to 24/192
Thanks!
That seems to be working. I assumed that because I only saw the chrome cast speaker icons, not alexacast icons that they were not defined to alexa..

You certainly can ask Alexa to shuffle a stream but not sure if that would work if you had started the stream from the app - it should, but I’d need to check.
Thank you. 😉

In the case of Spotify, we can probably turn on shuffle playback with remote voice control.

By the way, where does Alexa on the WiiM remote live? Is it Alexa on the phone that actually responds? 🤔

In my imagination, it looks like it works the same way as the Echo auto.

Alexa is still a cloud service no matter where you access it from - the remote, or an echo device, or the Talk to Alexa icons in the Alexa or Amazon Music apps - they all are just mic/speaker input/output interfaces. When you use the WiiM remote, the Wiim app is in effect the mic, and your Wiim device the speaker so responses are heard from whatever your WiiM is connected to.

Alexa is still a cloud service no matter where you access it from - the remote, or an echo device, or the Talk to Alexa icons in the Alexa or Amazon Music apps - they all are just mic/speaker input/output interfaces. When you use the WiiM remote, the Wiim app is in effect the mic, and your Wiim device the speaker so responses are heard from whatever your WiiM is connected to.
I got the question wrong. What I wanted to know was the route to Alexa.

Accessing Alexa through the WiiM app was understandable. Does this mean that the Alexa function of the WiiM remote is the same as that of the Amazon music app? In other words, are some features restricted, such as adding to playlists?

I got the question wrong. What I wanted to know was the route to Alexa.

Accessing Alexa through the WiiM app was understandable. Does this mean that the Alexa function of the WiiM remote is the same as that of the Amazon music app? In other words, are some features restricted, such as adding to playlists?
Yeah, apologies, when I re read my response I realised most of it would be old hat for you given your own Alexa experience.

I’ve not come across any Alexa restrictions like you might find on third party Alexa enabled devices. As WiiM devices are implemented using the Alexa MRM stack, I’d expect them to behave like real echo devices and have full Alexa access. The WiiM remote is like the old echo voice remote to me, it’s just an extension of the device itself.

I’ve just used my WiiM Pro Plus via the remote to play one of my playlists from Amazon Music, then when a track was playing to ”add this to my adhoc playlist” which it did. I then skipped a track and asked that to be added to my “chain” playlist which doesn’t exist and it asked if it should create such a playlist. When I used the remote to say “yes”, it created that new playlist and added the track. Just like a real echo would :)

Last edited:
WiiM seems to have made a very awesome remote. 😳
As always, I am very grateful for your polite answer.
I'm sorry for wasting your precious time for me.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday. 😊

Back