No amazon ultra HD via external DAC

Popmaster109

Hi on the wiim app, on SPDIF output resolution I've selected 192khz + 24bits
It plays the tune + my external separate DAC it shows it's received a HD signal yet when I play a amazon music ultra HD track the HD light goes off, I have made sure inches wiim app I've selected HD/UHD for amazon music/ Then on amazon music app I've selected via the settings streaming quality HD/UHD + still when playing UHD tracks on my external DAC the HD/Hi-res light goes off??? Then I went back to the wiim Pro app and once again went to SPDIF output preferences and selected 192khz + 24 bit played test audio clicked yes and the test music played and the HD light came on my DAC'S front panel??? Any advice

And here you can step up the ladder to see where your HD light stars glowing 😉 my setup is with coax, the optical page looks exact so.

IMG_1233.jpeg

Can you post a screenshot of the pages in the Wiim home app when you chose browse from the main page, followed by alexa, and then the page shown when you choose the cog setting icon on that Alexa page? You should then see a page with settings for Alexa language and amazon music hd/uhd.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230627_191212_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20230627_191212_WiiM Home.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20230627_191556_Amazon Music.jpg
    Screenshot_20230627_191556_Amazon Music.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20230627_191615_Amazon Alexa.jpg
    Screenshot_20230627_191615_Amazon Alexa.jpg
    639.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20230627_191632_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20230627_191632_WiiM Home.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 10
So, the last screenshots shows what the WiiM delivers. 24 bit and 192 kHz. You get the highest possible resolution. No matter what your DAC shows.
Hi so I've changed the wiim pro app to 24/96 and NO HD light came on the naim DAC so if amazon says UHD 24/44.1 my DAC is playing the highest resolution possible?

I wouldn’t worry about fixed volume at the moment, that doesn’t change the resolution of the track you’re playing. However, you should set it to fixed in the Wiim Home app under your Wiim device audio settings for bit perfect output, as well as not using the WiiM’ ps EQ settings.
Hi yes the volume output is set to Fixed line output level 2Vrms

Sorry, that doesn’t show the pages I requested. In the WiiM Home app, choose Browse. You should see an entry for Alexa under music services - choose that , then the cog icon. That should open a page with options for the Alexa language used, along with another toggle for HD/UHD. This is what controls what the Amazon music app sends to the Wiim.

see these screenshots from my iPad

Attachments

• IMG_8005.jpeg
    IMG_8005.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8006.jpeg
    IMG_8006.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8007.jpeg
    IMG_8007.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
Came to a point where I really touch my limits. We are circling around and around. Your last screenshot shows: Every thing alright. If your DAC is indeed the (outdated) NAIM CLASSIC LINE DAC I am sure the problem is at this place. But, the problem is there is no problem. You get HiRes all over. If the only issue is the not glowing light...? I could be nasty and ask if you really hear differences? Or is the fun related to a led?

Came to a point where I really touch my limits. We are circling around and around. Your last screenshot shows: Every thing alright. If your DAC is indeed the (outdated) NAIM CLASSIC LINE DAC I am sure the problem is at this place. But, the problem is there is no problem. You get HiRes all over. If the only issue is the not glowing light...? I could be nasty and ask if you really hear differences? Or is the fun related to a led?
We haven’t yet seen his screenshots which match the three I’ve just posted, the last one of which is crucial in getting lossless bit perfect amazon music hd/uhd to the Wiim from the amazon music app.

Sorry, that doesn’t show the pages I requested. In the WiiM Home app, choose Browse. You should see an entry for Alexa under music services - choose that , then the cog icon. That should open a page with options for the Alexa language used, along with another toggle for HD/UHD. This is what controls what the Amazon music app sends to the Wiim.

see these screenshots from my iPad
Yes I 'very already set it the same as on your last screen shot

Attachments

• 20230627_195739.jpg
    20230627_195739.jpg
    918.8 KB · Views: 7
Ho everyone many thanks for all your help and support I'm sorry if I've tested the patients of some of you as I've already said I'm totally new to streaming this wiim pro is my 1st ever Streamer having been a Vinyl and CD user so many thanks once again

Back