No amazon ultra HD via external DAC

Popmaster109

Hi on the wiim app, on SPDIF output resolution I've selected 192khz + 24bits
It plays the tune + my external separate DAC it shows it's received a HD signal yet when I play a amazon music ultra HD track the HD light goes off, I have made sure inches wiim app I've selected HD/UHD for amazon music/ Then on amazon music app I've selected via the settings streaming quality HD/UHD + still when playing UHD tracks on my external DAC the HD/Hi-res light goes off??? Then I went back to the wiim Pro app and once again went to SPDIF output preferences and selected 192khz + 24 bit played test audio clicked yes and the test music played and the HD light came on my DAC'S front panel??? Any advice

No worries thanks for trying
After activating Alexa as above, did you choose the cog icon in the alexa service page you then get to from the Wiim home app browse page? You need to select HD/UHD again there to allow the amazon music app to cast at HD/UHD.

Also, when you do cast from the amazon music app, what resolution does the Wiim home app now playimg screen show?

After activating Alexa as above, did you choose the cog icon in the alexa service page you then get to from the Wiim home app browse page? You need to select HD/UHD again there to allow the amazon music app to cast at HD/UHD.

Also, when you do cast from the amazon music app, what resolution does the Wiim home app now playimg screen show?
Hi I've done all this within wiim amazon music app it says Ultra HD is being Played but still no HD light on my DAC

And you are sure the Amazon music you play is UHD? If the tracks are f.e. 24/44,1 they call it UHD already and your DAC will show 44,1. Next question, which DAC? Does it show the resolution in digits or with red and yellow lights f.e.?

Yes please see attached photos I'm using a naim dac

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230627_180618_Amazon Music.jpg
    Screenshot_20230627_180618_Amazon Music.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20230627_180554_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20230627_180554_WiiM Home.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20230627_180529_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20230627_180529_WiiM Home.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 16
I remember a Naim DAC years ago which has no display, but two leds. One was HD, the second I do not remember. Do you know from a data sheet or manual what resolution is needed this DAC will regognize as HD?
May be 44,1 is to low to wake up the HD led. But for AM it is already Ultra HD.

Hi yes it has a HD light on the front and via the wiim app i click on the SPDIF output preferences and click on test hear the music playing and click set the naim dac HD light stays on until I play a UHD track

Back