Problems streaming playlists from Amazon HD

Thank you.
In the meantime, you may wish to try rebooting your router and rebooting the WiiM Mini from its settings in the WiiM Home app, and possibly deleting and reinstalling the Amazon Music app (if you have any downloaded tracks, you'll need to re download after doing that, so if that's going to be an issue, you might want to leave the app as it is and maybe try from another phone/tablet)
I have a ticket in so I will see what they have to say. The Amazon Music Unlimited is great when it works correctly but that seems to be something that doesn't always happen. What do you use?

Amazon Music Unlimited, but normally with a Pro. However, earlier today I managed to play around half a dozen tracks from a playlist, then an album without any problem casting from my Ipad's Amazon Music app to my WiiM Mini using AlexaCast.

I can pick a random track from a playlist onmy Amazon app on my phone and cast it to my mini. Say the artist name starts with a G. It will only shuffle songs that the artist name starts with a f, g, or h. I can also play albums. It only will not properly shuffle playlists. That's the only issue

I can pick a random track from a playlist onmy Amazon app on my phone and cast it to my mini. Say the artist name starts with a G. It will only shuffle songs that the artist name starts with a f, g, or h. I can also play albums. It only will not properly shuffle playlists. That's the only issue
That’s a very obtuse error (I doubt I would have noticed it) and one that I can’t see WiiM being responsible for to be honest, but who knows? I have seen stuff like that mentioned in amazon music forums from people who don’t use WiiM

That’s a very obtuse error (I doubt I would have noticed it) and one that I can’t see WiiM being responsible for to be honest, but who knows? I have seen stuff like that mentioned in amazon music forums from people who don’t use WiiM
Well I can decouple the phone from the mini and it works perfectly on all my playlists. Tried it about 20 times yesterday and today with the same results. It isn't necessarily a nonproblmatic app but it works fine right now on it's own minus the mini. The price is the only thing tying me to Amazon so if I can't remedy it in a couple of days I'll move on.

Well I can decouple the phone from the mini and it works perfectly on all my playlists. Tried it about 20 times yesterday and today with the same results. It isn't necessarily a nonproblmatic app but it works fine right now on it's own minus the mini. The price is the only thing tying me to Amazon so if I can't remedy it in a couple of days I'll move on.
Ok thanks. I did read a report that’s about four years old that suggested the amazon music api only downloads about 100 or so tracks at a time which are then shuffled, rather than shuffling the entire playlist first and then offering the results in batches. Seems a strange way of doing things and WiiM’s hands might be tied if it is indeed down to the API’s peculiarities…

Hi @media room
I have AMU and i just did a try listening to some playlists using Amazon native App and Alexacast. Well, no problems at all. Tracks advance regularly one after the other untill i stop casting. All is good as with Mini as with Pro.
Of course the same it happens with Albums

Ok thanks. I did read a report that’s about four years old that suggested the amazon music api only downloads about 100 or so tracks at a time which are then shuffled, rather than shuffling the entire playlist first and then offering the results in batches. Seems a strange way of doing things and WiiM’s hands might be tied if it is indeed down to the API’s peculiarities…
I could have sworn this was working fine a couple of days ago. Today though WHA is loading 100 tracks of an AMU playlist and no more. Qobuz is supposed to be available here (Canada) next week..I may well jump ship.

Back