Qobuz 192/24

Giacomo71

Hi all, I have a problem with Qobuz with tracks in 192/24.
Everything is correctly configured, both Qobuz and the coaxial output, but the song that Qobuz gives me available in 192/24 goes jerky, if instead I hear a song that Qobuz gives me available in 96/24, it works perfectly.
This problem gives me with an external dac in wifi.
In contrast, using Wiim's internal dac with line out, I don't have this problem.
What does it depend on?
Thanks

Yes yes it is enabled on the coaxial output and correctly detects the 192/24 frequency.
The external dac is a Cambridge magic 100.
The song at times works fine but starts jerking, then for a few seconds it works fine again, and so on.
Obviously with songs that Qobuz gives available in 192/24

@Giacomo71
I know the Cambridge DACs 100 and 200 quite well and if they work together with other environment the issue must be on another part..

You have set to 192 in the dedicated Qobuz part of the WiiM?
Sometimes it is easy to overlook.
IMG_1737.png

Along with checking the cables described by @Achim1811, check your Wi-Fi as well.

Check RSSI and SNR in the WiiM app device settings > Network Status.

Also, if possible, try placing the WiiM near the router or connecting it with a LAN cable.

So, it comes the end of my "wisdom" 😉. But I cross fingers you get it solved. Tried an optical cable?

Along with checking the cables described by @Achim1811, check your Wi-Fi as well.

Check RSSI and SNR in the WiiM app device settings > Network Status.

Also, if possible, try placing the WiiM near the router or connecting it with a LAN cable.
I was thinking about the LAN cable myself.
I did some tests first with a 2.4G wifi network then only 5G but without success

I was thinking about the LAN cable myself.
I did some tests first with a 2.4G wifi network then only 5G but without success
Is your WiFi fast and stable?

You can also try turning DNS server and IPv6 on/off on the network status screen of the WiiM app.

Also, if restarting your router and WiiM doesn't help, give feedback to support in the WiiM app. Logs are sent to help with resolution.

Yes the wifi is stable, I can see 4K movies on it without any problem.
I have already done the tests you wrote and this is the network screen on the Wiim app.
My router handles the 5 ghz network

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-15-09-56-53-790_com.linkplay.wiimhome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-15-09-56-53-790_com.linkplay.wiimhome.jpg
    637 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2023-10-15-10-00-34-163_com.linkplay.wiimhome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-15-10-00-34-163_com.linkplay.wiimhome.jpg
    646.9 KB · Views: 12
This problem gives me with an external dac in wifi.
In contrast, using Wiim's internal dac with line out, I don't have this problem.
Those statements imply it's not a wifi issue, so surely has to be cable / dac.
Having tried two cables, I'm sure you've reseated them fully at each end.
I'm sure you'd know, having one, but is the optical input really limited to 96khz? Tech Specs on dac are rather unclear, but give the impression 192 is supported on all inputs.

When once using the DACmagic 100 shows the 192 LED both with optical and coax.

Okay I will do the test with the optical cable, as you suggested.
Although the technical specification of the magic 100 dac says that the optical input is 96/24 maximum (screen attached).
However I would like the coaxial input of the Wiim Pro to work properly, regardless of the alternatives... 😅

Attachments

• IMG_20231015_102700.jpg
    IMG_20231015_102700.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 8
Okay I will do the test with the optical cable, as you suggested.
Although the technical specification of the magic 100 dac says that the optical input is 96/24 maximum (screen attached).
However I would like the coaxial input of the Wiim Pro to work properly, regardless of the alternatives... 😅
I didn't find that in my quick google search!
It's also possible that it will support 192 over optical but specs say not so that when it doesn't work consistently they can say it's not officially supported.
My amp says 96 max over optical, but 192 works, for this very reason!

I do not find any sentence in the manual where the optical is shown as limited to 96...
And I had it working with both opt and coax up to 192 when I was using it. Strange..
Remember that Cambridge always insisted dedicated 75 Ohm coax cables. But I think your vdH and the Audioquests are such?

Back