Qobuz 192/24

That's right 😅
However I did the test with the optical cable and it works at 192/24 with no problems 👍
I did one last test with coaxial by reversing the dac port, but nothing....
So the conclusion is that it does not depend on the wifi network, but that the coaxial out port of the Wiim Pro is not working.
How do you claim warranty service?
Thanks
Or it could be something fried on the coax input on your DAC. Try a different DAC to confirm that.

Yes you are right ... but it seems strange to me that both coaxial inputs of the dac don't work 😅

If I understood you right they work. Even if they show only 96 instead of 192 they work anyway. So my try would be a check of the WiiMs coax out.

If I understood you right they work. Even if they show only 96 instead of 192 they work anyway. So my try would be a check of the WiiMs coax out.

That's right... but even the LED on the dac says they are working at 192.
So it would be okay, but the music is heard jerky like buffering like when the connection is not working, but it is not because the optical input works perfectly at 192

Again, I may ask a question that misses the mark.
The test audio of the Wiim app plays fine on coax 24/192?
If the issue is specific to Qobuz, there may be something else.

In the same way ... the music goes jerky then restarts smoothly for twenty seconds then goes jerky again.
This problem also does it on Amazon Music Ultra HD with 192/24 tracks.

In the same way ... the music goes jerky then restarts smoothly for twenty seconds then goes jerky again.
This problem also does it on Amazon Music Ultra HD with 192/24 tracks.
I know you've tried two different digital coax cables, but how about one more check with a third cable, such as one of the 'analog' ones currently used from the dac to the amp?
(Although I do concur that the wiim coax output does seem to be the common factor here.)

Hi,

I have the same problem:

In my system, a Wiim pro is connected to B&O Beolabs 50 active speakers through Coaxial via a 75 Ohms cable.

Wiim is hard wired to the network hosting the NAS.

B&O tech support confirms that the speakers Coaxial input supports 192/24 bitate (the Optical one limited to 96 kHz).

When I play a 192 kHz file with the Wiim, at the 192/24 setting, no sound at all.
If I change the Wiim settings to 96/24, it works flawless.
I have the same problem with Qobuz as well.

I contacted Wiim which diagnosed a defective unit and replaced it.

With the new unit, it's OK with a 2 meters cable but with a 5 meters one the problem appears again... and i have to place the Wiim 5 meters away from the speakers.

Any hint?

Kind regards,
Yann.

Hi,

I have the same problem:

In my system, a Wiim pro is connected to B&O Beolabs 50 active speakers through Coaxial via a 75 Ohms cable.

B&O tech support confirms that the speakers Coaxial input supports 192/24 bitate (the Optical one limited to 96 kHz).

When I play a 192 kHz file with the Wiim, at the 192/24 setting, no sound at all.

With the new unit, it's OK with a 2 meters cable but with a 5 meters one the problem appears again... and i have to place the Wiim 5 meters away from the speakers.

Any hint?

Kind regards,
Yann.
Have you tried optical cables?
Even if the spec is 96kHz, you may actually be able to play at 192kHz.

Hi,

I have the same problem:

Any hint?

Kind regards,
Yann.

Do you have access to any other sources that can feed a 192/24 digital stream via coax, with which you could test your two cables (and any others you may have at your disposal)? I don't know whether an impedance mismatch would be the root cause of what you're observing, but clearly something is interfering with the signal along its path between the streamer and the DAC circuitry.

@ Wiimer and Balthazar,

I made a test with optical 192 --> all I get is unlistenable mush. Anyway I'm not sure that a 5m optical cable would be reliable.
Unfortunately, I only have the Wiim as the B&O streamer already there is limited to 96/24 optical output (that's why I bought the Wiim).

@ Wiimer and Balthazar,

I made a test with optical 192 --> all I get is unlistenable mush. Anyway I'm not sure that a 5m optical cable would be reliable.
Unfortunately, I only have the Wiim as the B&O streamer already there is limited to 96/24 optical output (that's why I bought the Wiim).
Is "Fixed volume output" turned on in the WiiM app's Audio Settings?
Also, is the "Volume limit" set to 100%?

Other threads have reported that setting the Volume limit back to 100% resolved the issue.
(This may not be related to your problem.)

You can also try rebooting or resetting your WiiM just in case.

@ Wiimer and Balthazar,

So in the WiiM you have fixed volume output set to on and both graphic and parametric EQ off? Volume Limit set to 100%? And coax output resolution set to 192/24?

Please do not hit me, but it seems that the WiiMs are a little bit sensitive about cables and connectors. To make that clear I do not write about sound!! It is only about mechanical and electrical things!
5 meter length should not be an issue for a 75 Ohm coax cable. But it seems that some combinations work better or more reliable than others.
For example my WiiM Pro was a little bit stuttering with a 2,5 m Amazon basic coax cable whereas my Neo Stream was absolute fine with this.
Changing to an Audioquest (still budget range) cable the WiiM worked perfectly.
So cables and connectors are my first suspects as long as it is sure that all the settings are correct.

To answer your questions:

Fixed volume is on, volume limit is 100%, coaxial max 24-192 and Eq is off.

The cable are Cordial CPDS, 2 and 5 meters versions

Kind regards,
Yann.

@yannchris
Just to assure: You also have the settings in
Browser (or Durchsuchen in German). No idea how it reads in English 😉 I mean in WiiM Home App the left icon on the bottom line where you manage and find your streaming services.
> Qobuz
> three line menu top left
> settings
> streaming

@ Achim: Which model did you choose? A look at Amazon shows dozens of AudioQuest cables and I'm "puzzled".
For the not so important (for me) like streaming I use the Forest range from A.

Last edited:
Back