Room correction

I don't understand how...

WiiM A >> Connect to right speaker
WiiM B >> Connect to the left speaker

Run RC on each WiiM.

Create an MRM group with two WiiM devices and set A to the right and B to the left.

How about this? 😁

if it amuse you and have money to spend... the processing within a wiim having to treat each channel separately given that stereo and not mono... we can reasonably hope that the purchase of a second wiim can be avoided. .. with the amp ..two amps will be even funnier to read to you..

Yes, but if the two WiiMs are perfectly synchronized, it seems easier and more reasonable than doing it with a single WiiM.

But how would you do it?

I can’t see how you can make it work. If you synch two WiiMs as a stereo pair, and connect the right out from one to the right speaker, and left to the left speaker, the current mono test tone, when you PEQ it, will be PEQd for both channels, not just the one you plugged in.

But how would you do it?

I can’t see how you can make it work. If you synch two WiiMs as a stereo pair, and connect the right out from one to the right speaker, and left to the left speaker, the current mono test tone, when you PEQ it, will be PEQd for both channels, not just the one you plugged in.
After executing RC on the left and right speakers (WiiMs) individually, create an MRM group. MRM doesn't come first.

The only disturbers of perfect room treatment here are visitors, my wife and I. Guess the room will behave sonically perfect without us, but who knows? Do you really know the light is off when you close the door of the refrigerator? Or what the room does when your not in?
Off-topic, but eventually important ;-)

In any case, I'm going to try this when the Android RC arrives. 🙂
I don't know if I'll succeed.
But this is a fun experiment for me.

It should work from the correction point of view, since you can perform one at a time. But I doubt that both devices will be synched perfectly as members of a group.

Also, class D amps should better not be used without any load. Terminating the unused amplifier channel with a high power non-inductive resistor would add to the cost of his project.

It should work from the correction point of view, since you can perform one at a time. But I doubt that both devices will be synched perfectly as members of a group.

Also, class D amps should better not be used without any load. Terminating the unused amplifier channel with a high power non-inductive resistor would add to the cost of his project.
I don’t see how that would be an issue as WiiM introduced the ability to send each channel to a different device in a group after someone requested that for two separate speakers

I think this approach will become more practical once the "Persistent group for multiple devices" on the roadmap is realized.

As an added value, two WiiM amps can also drive two subwoofers.

I think this approach will become more practical once the "Persistent group for multiple devices" on the roadmap is realized.

As an added value, two WiiM amps can also drive two subwoofers.

So 4 Minus, one for each main, one for each sub.

I don’t see how that would be an issue as WiiM introduced the ability to send each channel to a different device in a group after someone requested that for two separate speakers
Is that confirmed for the Amp? Has anybody tried it yet?

Makes a crazy idea look not that crazy in the end. 😀

Is that confirmed for the Amp? Has anybody tried it yet?

Makes a crazy idea look not that crazy in the end. 😀
The setting is there for the Amp for its audio output to be mono, stereo, left or right, but I’d guess that would be delivered to both speakers. However if you grouped two amps, setting one as left and the other as right, and using high power non-inductive resistors as appropriate as you suggest, you might be able to do what was mooted but already I think it’s getting back into the realms of crazy…

In the case of the WiiM amp, the main problem is that HDMI and Optical input will not be available.

Realistically, I'm thinking of it as a way to use two Pro and a Mini. In the near future, when I buy an Ultra, I will make good use of the devices that I will not use.

In the case of the WiiM amp, the main problem is that HDMI and Optical input will not be available.

Realistically, I'm thinking of it as a way to use two Pro and a Mini. In the near future, when I buy an Ultra, I will make good use of the devices that I will not use.
the first idea that comes to me is the use of a mini in analog to one (mono) or two subwoofers l/r
;-)

the first idea that comes to me is the use of a mini in analog to one (mono) or two subwoofers l/r
;-)
Yes, I've tested it before and it basically works just fine. It would be even better if "Persistent group for multiple devices" was implemented.

would be interesting to have a low frequency test for timing with the main speakers

I’m surprised how much it was changed from initial firmware room correction to next update. The first firmware was sound great and remember there were 10db boost or cut now just 6. The graph on first initial firmware it made direct reversal on measurements to cancel each other to make it flat. This new firmware made my system sound like AM radio.

Back