Simultaneous playback analog and optical digital out?

Corbin

Is there a way to output both signals at the same time?

Until I receive my Wiim Pro unit I’m using the multi zone playback from my amp.
But that one (Onkyo TX-NR646) wont play digital inputs to the analog out. I would like to play digital on my main amp, and send an analog signal to the second amp in the other room.

I have also ordered the Geshelli Labs J2 but thats probably going to take 2 month before i get it.

Is there a way to output both signals at the same time?

Until I receive my Wiim Pro unit I’m using the multi zone playback from my amp.
But that one (Onkyo TX-NR646) wont play digital inputs to the analog out. I would like to play digital on my main amp, and send an analog signal to the second amp in the other room.

I have also ordered the Geshelli Labs J2 but thats probably going to take 2 month before i get it.
I have that Onkyo but no Zone 2 is analogue only and the WiiM only delivers on audio on one selected output.
I use a separate DAC that connects to the Onkyo on Analogue to get round this.

I have that Onkyo but no Zone 2 is analogue only and the WiiM only delivers on audio on one selected output.
I use a separate DAC that connects to the Onkyo on Analogue to get round this.
Yep, will do the same eventually.
I hooked up my ancient ProJect Headbox DS for now but im going to take it off and use the Wiim build in dac until i get the Schiit and/or Geschelli that i have ordered.
The HeadBox does an audible clicking when it switches the bitrate between each song.

Last edited:
Won’t be of any interest to most people here but the Squeezebox Touch which is 10+ years old has USB, optical, coaxial and RCA out and they are all live at the same time.
Fabulous audio streamer. Way ahead of its time. A simple plugin takes it to 24/192 on two of the digital outputs.

Pi + Pi Touch 7” + Touchscreen case + PiCorePlayer = SB Touch.
Yes. Almost.
I have lots of Pi’s with piCorePlayer and one of them is configured with a Touchscreen but it’s not as flexible as a real Touch.
TBH the touchscreen part is academic to me. I control everything with Material on my phone or tablet.

PS I’d only ever sanction the purchase of a max of 4 bottles for £36. Yes you can get 6 for £36 but the wine in question is headache inducing!

Somebody at an Amsterdam cheese tasting event once said “You’re American? Is it true you have cheese in a can you spray?” Yes, and we have wine in a box.
Funny thing, this is the first place I’ve surfaced since retiring. Never had the time before. We spent our first retirement in Key West for 10 years doing social media for tourist attractions and local radio. Didn’t want to spend my free time on a computer.

Somebody at an Amsterdam cheese tasting event once said “You’re American? Is it true you have cheese in a can you spray?” Yes, and we have wine in a box.
Funny thing, this is the first place I’ve surfaced since retiring. Never had the time before. We spent our first retirement in Key West for 10 years doing social media for tourist attractions and local radio. Didn’t want to spend my free time on a computer.
So you aren’t on slimdevices.com? You clearly are pretty up to date on LMS so I am surprised

I sold a ton of squeezeboxes.
So you clearly know your stuff when it comes to digital music.

I find the comments here quite amusing in some ways. You get the complete spectrum of novices through to audiofools whereas on the LMS forums it’s much more centralised if that makes sense?

I am up for putting together an idiots guide to using a WiiM with LMS but although the bridge works I would prefer to see WiiM implement Squeezelite before doing so. As far as I can tell it should be easier than stuffing RAAT onboard and I’d be happy to wager that LMS has an appreciably larger user base than Roon.

Marketing rules but not always

Back