Spotify Connect Broken

Wharfedale

Spotify Connect hasn’t been working for a few days. There’s no sound and the song just skips after a few seconds. Any help would be appreciated.

Can you Spotify Connect to any other device on your network?

I’d submit a ticket to Wiim using the feedback section in the app so they can inspect your device logs.

Yes it works with other devices. I’ll send them feedback and hopefully they can figure it out. Thanks.

With my Pro with the latest firmware Spotify Connect works as usual. Restart your smartphone and try again, but I think it is a Spotify problem and non Wiim problem.

Spotify Connect hasn’t been working for a few days. There’s no sound and the song just skips after a few seconds. Any help would be appreciated.
I have just tested Spotify Connect with my Pro.
No probs, it worked as usual.
By the way Spotify sees my Mini too

I too have a problem with Spotify Connect after the latest update. I can use AirPlay from Spotify and stream to both my WiiM Mini and WiiM Pro, but when I select either of them directly from the Spotify app for Spotify Connect, no audio and the song jumps to another every few seconds. I have no problem with Spotify Connect to my legacy solutions in other rooms (AirPort Express / Echo Dot / Amp).

Have restarted phone, power cycled WiiM devices. Submitted a ticket through the WiiM app.

Perhaps related, perhaps I never noticed... the icon for the WiiM devices in Spotify is a projector. I could swear this used to be a speaker like the other Spotify Connect audio devices on my network.

Just signed in to Amazon Music and that plays perfectly to my WiiM devices through the WiiM app. Something going on with Spotify Connect behind the scenes is my guess. I'm in North America.

Last edited:
Same issue with Spotify either not playing or playing silently. Issue is across 1 wiim mini and 1 Pro, tried 2 different phones and PC but nothing works. Wiims play other streaming types fine.
Tried power cycling both devices and phone but no change.

I too have a problem with Spotify Connect after the latest update. I can use AirPlay from Spotify and stream to both my WiiM Mini and WiiM Pro, but when I select either of them directly from the Spotify app for Spotify Connect, no audio and the song jumps to another every few seconds. I have no problem with Spotify Connect to my legacy solutions in other rooms (AirPort Express / Echo Dot / Amp).

Have restarted phone, power cycled WiiM devices. Submitted a ticket through the WiiM app.

Perhaps related, perhaps I never noticed... the icon for the WiiM devices in Spotify is a projector. I could swear this used to be a speaker like the other Spotify Connect audio devices on my network.

Just signed in to Amazon Music and that plays perfectly to my WiiM devices through the WiiM app. Something going on with Spotify Connect behind the scenes is my guess. I'm in North America.
I can confirm that Spotify’s icons have not changed. No projector on my side

Raised a ticket and both my devices were fixed within a few hours. Amazing support! They mentioned that there was an incorrect setting, but didnt elaborate further and I couldnt see any enduser changes.

Raised a ticket and both my devices were fixed within a few hours. Amazing support! They mentioned that there was an incorrect setting, but didnt elaborate further and I couldnt see any enduser changes.
EDIT & UPDATE: It took a few tries to disable IPv6 on my Pro after disconnecting ethernet and connecting to WiFi. Once IPv6 was truly disabled, Spotify Connect works great on both WiiM Mini and WiiM Pro.

ORIGINAL REPLY: Support let me know that IPv6 needs to be disabled for Spotify Connect to work. It fixed the issue on my Mini, but not on the Pro. I'm guessing they disabled IPv6 remotely for you as they did for me on my Pro since it was connected by ethernet and the app doesn't have that setting for ethernet connection yet. Unfortunately, didn't fix it for me but at least my Mini is fully functional!

For others who may find this by Google... in the WiiM Home app select the "Device" tab > Tap the Device Setting gear icon > Network Status > Scroll down to the bottom of the UI, and turn off the option of "Enable IPv6"

After it worked for the Mini, I did disconnect the ethernet from the Pro and connect that to WiFi so I could verify IPv6 was disabled. Unfortunately Spotify Connect still doesn't work on the Pro even when connected to WiFi vs ethernet.

Last edited:
EDIT & UPDATE: It took a few tries to disable IPv6 on my Pro after disconnecting ethernet and connecting to WiFi. Once IPv6 was truly disabled, Spotify Connect works great on both WiiM Mini and WiiM Pro.

ORIGINAL REPLY: Support let me know that IPv6 needs to be disabled for Spotify Connect to work. It fixed the issue on my Mini, but not on the Pro. I'm guessing they disabled IPv6 remotely for you as they did for me on my Pro since it was connected by ethernet and the app doesn't have that setting for ethernet connection yet. Unfortunately, didn't fix it for me but at least my Mini is fully functional!

For others who may find this by Google... in the WiiM Home app select the "Device" tab > Tap the Device Setting gear icon > Network Status > Scroll down to the bottom of the UI, and turn off the option of "Enable IPv6"

After it worked for the Mini, I did disconnect the ethernet from the Pro and connect that to WiFi so I could verify IPv6 was disabled. Unfortunately Spotify Connect still doesn't work on the Pro even when connected to WiFi vs ethernet.
Support let me know that IPv6 needs to be disabled for Spotify Connect to work
Well, not to contradict, but both my Mini and the pro have IPV6 enabled and I have no problems with Spotify Connect.

Support let me know that IPv6 needs to be disabled for Spotify Connect to work
Well, not to contradict, but both my Mini and the pro have IPV6 enabled and I have no problems with Spotify Connect.
Yes, it's due to a small set of ISP's DNS that doesn't work well with Spotify's server when using IPv6. Most don't have this issue. Whenever you have this issue, it's worth toggling this setting.

Put that in the app guide!
Hi Mr Ee,

After discussing with our Eng. team, the setting of IPv6 will be done automatically in our device firmware for Spotify Connect. Thus, users don't need to worry about this setting from the next version. Thus, it's not suggested that we add this to our App guide. I hope it makes sense to you. Thank you!

Hi Mr Ee,

After discussing with our Eng. team, the setting of IPv6 will be done automatically in our device firmware for Spotify Connect. Thus, users don't need to worry about this setting from the next version. Thus, it's not suggested that we add this to our App guide. I hope it makes sense to you. Thank you!
Makes sense. As I mentioned before, I feel the app guide should explain what each setting actually does and when a user might need to toggle them, not just list what settings exist.
But if the app / firmware can make intelligent decisions like this, all the better.

I had the same exact issue…. Been racking my brain trying to figure it out! Turned off IP6, now back to normal. ThX

Back