Squeezelite and LMS

As above plus your choice of either Qobuz, Tidal, Deezer, Spotify or YouTube plugins.
MySqueezebox.com (effectively an LMS in the cloud with lesser functionality for people who didn't want to run a local server)

Would mysqueezebox.com be able to work with the squeezelite functionality in my WiimM Pro? Or does the Wiim only work with a locally-running LMS server?

(I'm intrigued by the squeezebox world, but don't want to install further software on my Windows PC and have to leave my PC running.)

Would mysqueezebox.com be able to work with the squeezelite functionality in my WiimM Pro? Or does the Wiim only work with a locally-running LMS server?

(I'm intrigued by the squeezebox world, but don't want to install further software on my Windows PC and have to leave my PC running.)
LMS Server only for the WiiM Pro

NB.
Technically it is probably possible to move it to mysqueezebox.com after it has been connected to a local LMS but you would need to do this every time.

Hi Everyone,
New Pro+ owner, just getting started. Long time LMS user with Receivers, Radio, Squeezebox2 and a Slimp3 device running. Very impressed with the app for the WiiM and was looking to use this as controller for players in my house. When I heard WiiM had embedded Squeezelite, I pulled the trigger. My LMS runs in a container(host mode) and runs no DLNA plugins but does run Cast Bridge. The app onboarding was flawless, kudos to the Devs on that, and within minutes, my WiiM showed up as a Squeezebox player in my LMS and as a Cast device. Where I'm a bit stumped and and wanted to check my expectations are correct, is using the WiiM app to browse music in my LMS library. I assume it should show up as a Media Server under the Home Music Share option but I just have my Marantz there and have no way to access playlists etc. as a source.

While I do have multiple subnets, music is all transported on same network over wire. Firewall is Opnsense running mDNS repeater and UDP Broadcast Repeater running with an entry for LMS discovery (port 3483).

Exec summary for time afflicted:
LMS runs in Docker for years no issues
WiiM shows up as a faux squeezebox
Nothing related to LMS shows up in WiiM app

Not sure what I should expect, so seeking clarification...screenshot of working app would be great.

thanks all

Hi Everyone,
New Pro+ owner, just getting started. Long time LMS user with Receivers, Radio, Squeezebox2 and a Slimp3 device running. Very impressed with the app for the WiiM and was looking to use this as controller for players in my house. When I heard WiiM had embedded Squeezelite, I pulled the trigger. My LMS runs in a container(host mode) and runs no DLNA plugins but does run Cast Bridge. The app onboarding was flawless, kudos to the Devs on that, and within minutes, my WiiM showed up as a Squeezebox player in my LMS and as a Cast device. Where I'm a bit stumped and and wanted to check my expectations are correct, is using the WiiM app to browse music in my LMS library. I assume it should show up as a Media Server under the Home Music Share option but I just have my Marantz there and have no way to access playlists etc. as a source.

While I do have multiple subnets, music is all transported on same network over wire. Firewall is Opnsense running mDNS repeater and UDP Broadcast Repeater running with an entry for LMS discovery (port 3483).

Exec summary for time afflicted:
LMS runs in Docker for years no issues
WiiM shows up as a faux squeezebox
Nothing related to LMS shows up in WiiM app

Not sure what I should expect, so seeking clarification...screenshot of working app would be great.

thanks all
Forget using the app for browsing your library. Install Material on your phone and use that for LMS. You are only going to need the WiiM app for settings and any service that you want to use that isn’t in LMS.

Forget using the app for browsing your library. Install Material on your phone and use that for LMS. You are only going to need the WiiM app for settings and any service that you want to use that isn’t in LMS.
Disappointing. I don't actually like Material all that much, it's better than Original I guess. I use Squeezer on my Android but wanted something newer. So you're saying just run a browser on the phone and access LMS directly?

Wiim devices have a Squeezelite client and operate as an LMS player, but the WiiM Home app isn’t an LMS control point. There is a very old unsupported plugin that will present LMS as a upnp server to the WiiM app but I don’t think that’s well thought of.

Wiim devices have a Squeezelite client and operate as an LMS player, but the WiiM Home app isn’t an LMS control point. There is a very old unsupported plugin that will present LMS as a upnp server to the WiiM app but I don’t think that’s well thought of.
Shame, initial excitement has been somewhat dampened. Maybe this is something a future update will provide because Squeezelite does afford device control through the API, something WiiM could easy tap into. Browsing LMS in the WiiM app is a big missing in my view.

Squeezelite-X(Win client) is one of the best UIs for Squeezelite I've found.

UPnP on LMS is a no from me.

Shame, initial excitement has been somewhat dampened. Maybe this is something a future update will provide because Squeezelite does afford device control through the API, something WiiM could easy tap into. Browsing LMS in the WiiM app is a big missing in my view.

Squeezelite-X(Win client) is one of the best UIs for Squeezelite I've found.

UPnP on LMS is a no from me.
Squeezelite-X uses the same skin. It will either be Default or Material. Probably the latter. I’m surprised you don’t like it.

There is a Material apk for Android. Install via F-Droid. For iOS open in Safari and Add to Home Screen

Back