Squeezelite and LMS

If you haven’t had the firmware update you won’t see anything if you just removed the bridge.
If the bridge is up and running correctly AND you have had the firmware you will see 2 instances of your Pro / Pro Plus in LMS. They have different icons in Material.
If you then stop the bridge or uninstall it you’ll drop to the one Squeezelite version.
There is nothing you then MUST do but good practice might be to set the player settings in LMS to 100% and any other tweaks you want.

If you haven’t had the firmware update you won’t see anything if you just removed the bridge.
If the bridge is up and running correctly AND you have had the firmware you will see 2 instances of your Pro / Pro Plus in LMS. They have different icons in Material.
If you then stop the bridge or uninstall it you’ll drop to the one Squeezelite version.
There is nothing you then MUST do but good practice might be to set the player settings in LMS to 100% and any other tweaks you want.
Thanks for the detailed response. I'll update and report back.

Update completed, set player to max volume in LMS, and I'm hearing much lower sound level with the WHA Squeezelite player than on the UPnP bridge player. Like 10-20% lower. Is this to be expected?

Since I had 2 other WiiM Pros updated this morning, I thought I'd do some testing. First LMS and Material all looked good, so I tried to sync my office and living room in Material. There was a lot of delay on one that made it unusable. I then tried with the WiiM Home App (had to use the UPnP Media Interface plugin for WiiM to see the LMS library). First, the period is at the end of the sentence, but some put it before the closed parenthesis. Which is correct?

Back to the WiiM, I can link devices in WHA, but there is no output on the linked unit. First I tried to link my office to my bathroom (a Mini, so no Squeezebox firmware). I also tried to play just to the bathroom Mini and it does work, just not from the linked device. I then tried to link the office pro to the living room pro, both with updated firmware. The living room also did not play from the link, but did if I just played it on it's own.

I then tried Material/LMS again and they do link, and the delay, if any this time, was not noticeable. I don't know, but I suspect I may have to use one app for sitting reading the info and listening, and another for linking units while working around the house? Either way, has anyone else had a problem with the WiiMs linking after the update?

Also, nothing changed at the location, but for the last few days I have been getting a low wifi power warning on the device tab for the bathroom mini. I could look at it as an excuse to replace it with a Pro?:) I do wonder if the weak signal just started happening or did that notification just get added to the app software? Playing music to it has always worked fine.

Any idea why the linking in the WiiM app is showing the connection but not sending sound?

Thanks!

Since I had 2 other WiiM Pros updated this morning, I thought I'd do some testing. First LMS and Material all looked good, so I tried to sync my office and living room in Material. There was a lot of delay on one that made it unusable. I then tried with the WiiM Home App (had to use the UPnP Media Interface plugin for WiiM to see the LMS library). First, the period is at the end of the sentence, but some put it before the closed parenthesis. Which is correct?

Back to the WiiM, I can link devices in WHA, but there is no output on the linked unit. First I tried to link my office to my bathroom (a Mini, so no Squeezebox firmware). I also tried to play just to the bathroom Mini and it does work, just not from the linked device. I then tried to link the office pro to the living room pro, both with updated firmware. The living room also did not play from the link, but did if I just played it on it's own.

I then tried Material/LMS again and they do link, and the delay, if any this time, was not noticeable. I don't know, but I suspect I may have to use one app for sitting reading the info and listening, and another for linking units while working around the house? Either way, has anyone else had a problem with the WiiMs linking after the update?

Also, nothing changed at the location, but for the last few days I have been getting a low wifi power warning on the device tab for the bathroom mini. I could look at it as an excuse to replace it with a Pro?:) I do wonder if the weak signal just started happening or did that notification just get added to the app software? Playing music to it has always worked fine.

Any idea why the linking in the WiiM app is showing the connection but not sending sound?

Thanks!
I rebooted the LMS and the WiiM app linking works now. I hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
Update completed, set player to max volume in LMS, and I'm hearing much lower sound level with the WHA Squeezelite player than on the UPnP bridge player. Like 10-20% lower. Is this to be expected?
Still hearing significant volume level differences between the old UPnP player and the Squeezelite version. Happens on my local flac and dsf files, and Radio Paradise.

Here's what I've done so far:
Matched the volume settings: 100%, album level gain
Rebooted WiiM Pro
Restarted LMS server

The squeezelite volume is still much lower than the UPnP.

All working fine here. Would be nice if i could disappear the volume slider in lms tho'...

All working fine here. Would be nice if i could disappear the volume slider in lms tho'...
It shouldn't show if you have fixed volume set for the Squeezelite player in it's settings. At least not in material skin.

Ahh it's a server side setting that showed up in material version 2.4
Changelog
15. Add, server-side, option to hide volume controls for fixed volume players

I must have set that forever ago and forgot about it.

Still hearing significant volume level differences between the old UPnP player and the Squeezelite version. Happens on my local flac and dsf files, and Radio Paradise.

Here's what I've done so far:
Matched the volume settings: 100%, album level gain
Rebooted WiiM Pro
Restarted LMS server

The squeezelite volume is still much lower than the UPnP.
UPNPBridge doesn’t support albumgain, does it? Maybe that’s why it’s different from Squeezelite which does.

Ahh it's a server side setting that showed up in material version 2.4
Changelog
15. Add, server-side, option to hide volume controls for fixed volume players

I must have set that forever ago and forgot about it.
I have that set to hide but it's still there with wiim pro at fixed level

You need to set it within LMS for that to take effect.
Yes, to be clear, i have set it in lms under the material settings..but it shows up anyway. For picoreplayer it disappears as it should but not when selecting wiim pro

Back