Squeezelite and LMS

Set player audio setting to fixed in LMS server and have the material skin plugin setting to hide fixed volume and that should do it.

Yes, to be clear, i have set it in lms under the material settings..but it shows up anyway. For picoreplayer it disappears as it should but not when selecting wiim pro
Do you have the Wiim Squeezelite player set to fixed in the LMS server?

In material skin click the three dots and select player. Select the three dots again on the player page and click extra settings.

Select audio at the top and scroll down to you see volume control. Change to fixed and save

I’m wondering what the split of LMS users is looking like as far as WiiM devices is concerned.
Existing like me versus completely new to LMS?

I’m wondering what the split of LMS users is looking like as far as WiiM devices is concerned.
Existing like me versus completely new to LMS?
I don't know but gathering from you promotion of LMS on this forum new users may be growing.

In material skin click the three dots and select player. Select the three dots again on the player page and click extra settings.

Select audio at the top and scroll down to you see volume control. Change to fixed and save
Thank very much for this. I now have the slider gone as i would expect. 😁

Still hearing significant volume level differences between the old UPnP player and the Squeezelite version. Happens on my local flac and dsf files, and Radio Paradise.

Here's what I've done so far:
Matched the volume settings: 100%, album level gain
Rebooted WiiM Pro
Restarted LMS server

The squeezelite volume is still much lower than the UPnP.
Could it be that now the album gain is lowering the volume as it should with the native Squeezelite causing it to be a lower volume than using upnp that doesn't support album gain? Disable album gain and see if it matches.

Could it be that now the album gain is lowering the volume as it should with the native Squeezelite causing it to be a lower volume than using upnp that doesn't support album gain? Disable album gain and see if it matches.
I've disabled album gain on both instances. The UPnP instance is dramatically louder.

Alright I've installed LMS today on a RPi4 and I can find my Wiim Pro:s and play my music via LMS GUI. Fantastic to hear those old tunes again!

Now if I could make use of my Wiim app (on Android) to search for or browse my music on the LMS then I'd be a happy geezer. In fact I'd be happy with any sort of app that could consolidate the various music services (internal and external) into one magic app with search and browse functionality, preferably also with the group/link function available in the WiiM app.
I have tried to find my server via WiiM:s app without success. I'm on the same network but cannot find the LMS. I can however find my home cinema receiver so I'm assuming it's not a network issue.

I suspect it's me who has missed a configuration step or two or are you all using the LMS webGUI as preferred GUI to play your music?

Alright I've installed LMS today on a RPi4 and I can find my Wiim Pro:s and play my music via LMS GUI. Fantastic to hear those old tunes again!

Now if I could make use of my Wiim app (on Android) to search for or browse my music on the LMS then I'd be a happy geezer. In fact I'd be happy with any sort of app that could consolidate the various music services (internal and external) into one magic app with search and browse functionality, preferably also with the group/link function available in the WiiM app.
I have tried to find my server via WiiM:s app without success. I'm on the same network but cannot find the LMS. I can however find my home cinema receiver so I'm assuming it's not a network issue.

I suspect it's me who has missed a configuration step or two or are you all using the LMS webGUI as preferred GUI to play your music?
The prevailing feeling and advice is that if you’re using LMS you use its Material Skin or equivalent as your front end, not the WiiM Home app. There is an additional LMS plugin that presents it as a UPNP server to the WiiM Home app but that plugin hasn’t been developed or supported in over ten years so its use isn’t advised. indeed, one of the reasons people use LMS is to avoid the vagaries and quirks of upnp and its myriad different implementations, so trying to use LMS as a UPNP server is a bit counter productive.

(this has actually been discussed quite a bit in recent days with @Hollywood - do a group search on his username to see those discussions).

A better way to do it than to use the LMS UPnP Media Interface would be to install Ubuntu on the Pi, LMS in a docker container and a UPnP server on Ubuntu. That way you can have your cake and eat it :)

Wanting to use LMS as a UPNP server is like wanting your cake to be a pizza too…:p
Yes it hasn't been actively maintained for years, which is why I suggested installing a proper UPnP server outside of LMS.
This setup obviously does require a little more technical know-how (more instructions to follow) however.

Yes it hasn't been actively maintained for years, which is why I suggested installing a proper UPnP server outside of LMS.
This setup obviously does require a little more technical know-how (more instructions to follow) however.
I don’t recommend the LMS UPnP Media Interface as it’s very basic and hasn’t been updated for a long time. The problem is there are lots of other UPnP servers to choose from but in reality there are only a couple that are really worth considering.
My approach would be to use the UPnP Bridge in LMS. You can usually make it work at an acceptable ish level with any UPnP renderer if you use “flow” mode.

@WiiM Support I can’t get squeezlite to output with the analogue out on Wiim Pro Plus when using it via Roon without having to alter volume. If I stop it again and play again it loses audio again and have to repeat the same action. So somethings not right here at all.

@WiiM Support I can’t get squeezlite to output with the analogue out on Wiim Pro Plus when using it via Roon without having to alter volume. If I stop it again and play again it loses audio again and have to repeat the same action. So somethings not right here at all.
I’m confused - what’s Roon got to do with Squeezelite? Why would you use both?

I don’t think Roon fully supports Squeezelite as endpoint only native SB hardware players.
Have you tried using Airplay as an interim option pending Roon Ready

Also, this is a user community forum that WiiM occasionally drop in on. If you want a direct response, you should raise a ticket thru the feedback section under settings in the Wiim home app.

Back