Stability!

Gscott

Major Contributor
WiiM Pro wish list:
  1. More stability: On at least five occasion since setting up the WiiM Pro, after a day or two with no issues, suddenly device not found on day three Why? What’s going on?
  2. More stable recovery: The process to get back up and running has not been consistent. Holding the arrow for three seconds does not always work. It takes several attempts between initiating the setup process and factory reset before the app sees the device. Very frustrating having to input your info and presets when this occurs. Why?
  3. Internet connection: On several attempts to recover, the Ethernet option is not available and I’m forced to use WiFi. Why?
  4. Update notification: There have been two updates since my purchase. One app and one firmware. There were no notifications. I knew the update release dates and when I checked both the app and firmware versions had been updated. Coincidentally, I had to initiate the setup process on both occasions. Why?
  5. Now that that’s out of the way.
  6. The WiiM Pro is the solution I was looking for to separate music streaming from my laptop with a high res, desktop steamer to compliment my Topping DAC and headphone amp. When it works, it works well. I understand there’s a lot going on this little $150 box, and that not all the bugs have been worked out. I’ll continue to use the WiiM Pro in my desktop setup, warts and all, because I don’t think there’s an alternative…at this price point…with the functionality of the WiiM Pro. I own a BlueSound Node 2i also. It, too, had its issues. I kept it. I’ll keep the WiiM Pro!

How complex is your home network? Each of the issues you describe could be coming from, e.g., permissions between VLANs, or some device(s) on the network that aren't at the same patch level. Now in one of the threads on this site, WiiM Support did mention recently that they found a bug in their Ethernet driver and were going to fix it shortly, but I don't know if it got rolled into a general firmware release or if you need to get your Pro whitelisted for a patch. How does it perform using WiFi only?

BTW, did you report the items above via the app to get one or more support tickets opened?

I don't think my network is that complex. Linksys EA7300 AC1750 feeding two Linksys switches. Those feed both home theaters and all that entails.
Three Direct Stream boxes, two wired. Lg Oled, Sony TV, AppleTV 4K, Roku Ultra, Pioneer and Marantz Receivers, Blusound Node 2i, WiiM Pro...which is using wifi at the moment. Wifi has actually been fine. No issues. I did open a support ticket. I did read about the Ethernet bug. Thanks for the info!

How complex is your home network? Each of the issues you describe could be coming from, e.g., permissions between VLANs, or some device(s) on the network that aren't at the same patch level. Now in one of the threads on this site, WiiM Support did mention recently that they found a bug in their Ethernet driver and were going to fix it shortly, but I don't know if it got rolled into a general firmware release or if you need to get your Pro whitelisted for a patch. How does it perform using WiFi only?

BTW, did you report the items above via the app to get one or more support tickets opened?

4.8.504937 (Latest)

• Fixed - Ethernet disconnection from some routers

I have found that the updates to the WiiM itself will require a reboot on the WiiM. Then this past week Samsung had an update. The WiiM was not found until I rebooted my tablet again. Things are always changing in the background it seems.

I have found that the updates to the WiiM itself will require a reboot on the WiiM. Then this past week Samsung had an update. The WiiM was not found until I rebooted my tablet again. Things are always changing in the background it seems.
Thanks!
Since my original post about the stability issues and not having an Ethernet option, stability has greatly improved using wifi. I've had to run setup twice since but did not have to log into my music services or reenter my presets. The only issue now is when I press the white stop button while listening to music, the input light start flashing on the DAC. When I press play the input remains solid and music resumes. I don't think it's supposed to work like that. My friend has an almost identical setup and his doesn't do that. Curious!

Thanks!
Since my original post about the stability issues and not having an Ethernet option, stability has greatly improved using wifi. I've had to run setup twice since but did not have to log into my music services or reenter my presets. The only issue now is when I press the white stop button while listening to music, the input light start flashing on the DAC. When I press play the input remains solid and music resumes. I don't think it's supposed to work like that. My friend has an almost identical setup and his doesn't do that. Curious!
Hi Gscott,

Do you stop the music from the WiiM home App? If so, it's actually pause. The output of the WiiM Pro will stop when the device is idle (by default, it's 2 minutes). What it stands for when your DAC LED is flashing or in the solid color. Thank you!

Back